• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Network Panels.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if there would be any interesst in ANN Panels at any of the cons.

To be absolutely honest, I see no reason there should be any interest in getting a bunch of ANN staff members in front of a room and asking them questions. But I know for a fact that some other websites have had their own panels and that people were interested.

But if there is in fact an interest, I'd be happy to try to comply at some of the larger cons we are attending.

These cons would most likely be Anime Expo, ACen and Otakon. A large number of ANN staff will be at AX, and there is a possibility of 3 people at the other two.

If you are interested in getting us in front of a room (for a purpose other than target practice) lemme know what you'd want to discuss.
isaacada1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Great idea Chris! Why not have an ANN panel. Make it a big event. ANN can start holding their own press conferences and releasing information about street dates for upcoming items. I love it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, I know KosaiKon would be interested in having anyone who wants to come do a panel....of course, that's when we actually go into full convention mode.

But I would attend a panel, if I happened to be at the con. (My con-going has been cut-down a bunch lately cause of the baby...not easy to go to a con with a very small child.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:54 pm Reply with quote
isaacada1 wrote:
Great idea Chris! Why not have an ANN panel. Make it a big event. ANN can start holding their own press conferences and releasing information about street dates for upcoming items. I love it.

You mean like when we license Hikaru no Go? Wink

I think it might be an interesting idea...perhaps discussing the evolution of anime news reporting?
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Actually, if we really milked the opportunity, it would be a great way to let ANN reach more readers. As it is, the people who come here like it, but there's a lot of people who have no idea that this place even exists. Just by having a panel, people may be led there through sheer curiousity and it'll be their first exposure to ANN.

There's a lot of things we could talk about. We could talk about how anime news has evolved since back in the days when there was virtually no aniem news, to just stuff on the anime news industry, and answer questions like, "how can I be a part of this atmosphere" (or whatever kids ask nowadays...). There can even be mini-seminars on writing, either for the journalism side (many people don't know much about journalistic writing), as well as feature writing, column writing, and review writing (for those ambitious young 'uns who dream of someday writing for, like, Animerica or something.)

With all the special guests at cons (like the VAs, or company reps, and what not), we could even get one or two of these people (if they don't have anything else to do, I guess-- this one requires more thought and energy) to appear at the panel with us as A) bait for an audience B) talk about how marketing and PR and stuff is made easier by anime news and press releases being distributed much faster and in a concentrated location.

Of course, any of these ideas are just random suggestions, but I think we should definitely form a panel of some kind, if even just to boost PR for ANN. The more readers the better.
gpoulos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I think you should go for it. It would be great to see more people take an interest not only in ANN but genuine anime news in general. I especially like the idea of writing seminars etc. It would be great to see some more voices in the mags (as long as they're not stealing my ink Shocked ).
Cgoten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:19 pm Reply with quote
If you have a panel at ACen I'll be sure to attend it. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1