• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vividred Operation (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote
Doomcaliber wrote:
I thought at least the crow would see through their poor disguises but that's not the case.

Well, their disguises are at least as good as Clark Kent's.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Himawari and Wakaba episode. For the most part it was not really that great, beyond focusing on the secondary main characters it just felt too cliche. The best part of the episode was probably toward the end where we get to see the transformations again and a little battle, but it still felt like it was wasting time.

Did anyone else notice that this week's Alone's plan, spoiler[trying to crash down], was pretty much exactly like one of the angels in Evangelion, not that other Alone have not had familiar traits. I guess I am happy to have watched the movies earlier this year.

Well I guess Himawari is my favourite character in the show, so her outfits made it not an entire loss.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote
ep.9

spoiler[
so wakaba & himawari go outside to mall area give himawari & makeover while there cue wakaba’s snake wrath to stone’d any guy who want himawari.

oh there akane & aoi doing costume mascot doing after quick talk more wander give himawari want get super comp then here come magazine person who want pics of himawari give wakaba (bit channel in a TOSHINO KYOKO side) want himawari do it so fine.

give himawari doing it but bit huh on it cause later plan bring wakaba til factory tour then wakaba said they want more pic give got himawari going sad but they make-up with wabaka as himawari servant.

then while nap himawari’s hairpins got swap then rain notice it missing then search til wakaba give himawari her hairpins all good & oh alone attack yep same usual.

now all set himawari all ready bring wakaba to factory tours & for rei is like why am i always get bad luck & go all or nothing on it.]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:45 pm Reply with quote
man, really pushing the Green/Yellow ship hard this episode, and I'm totally ok with this. they really do make a cute couple.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote
The blandness of episode 9 seems duller than usual after episode 8's slight improvement in narrative. Seriously, the contrivances leading to the missing hairclips and its resolution was pretty loudly telegraphed. Don't want to get too creative and miss any friendship flags from the checklist. I was hoping the bonding between Himari and Wakaba would lead to a Green/Yellow merged form. How are we supposed to know that their relationship leveled up if they don't have a combo form?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:17 pm Reply with quote
well, they will be going on spoiler[factory tours] every Sunday for a year
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Lol, such a silly episode. Oh and Wakaba was cute as hell this episode if you ask me. She can even pull a magazine out of thin air. Wakaba Magic~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote
really minor, but its amusing that Wakaba has access to hammer space
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:23 am Reply with quote
ep.10

spoiler[
rei in shower her thinking give destroy the engine of akane’s world then her world is fixed then crow appear with if rei feather neck arrow are gone rei will be “gone” as well.

while yellow & weasel-grandpa found power-up arrow of alone so find who support of alone as for rei she meet with akane with sorry for tomato give all fine now dinner with akane.

also more why weasel grandpa know about alone cause years ago see a sign from another world message the alone is coming.

& oops mayo device that akane’s grandpa made got boom goes the mayo cue bath & “birthmarks” talks with nap talks all fine patch up.

then alone attack appear give rei go full arrow blast power-up got busted then alone goes boom & yea finally up-close see akane is vivid rangers?

with both akane & rei going why this happen with rei feel backstab then caught with feel akane is a liar while the crow is watching it all.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

This is going to be quite something when it comes out on uncensored blu-ray, likely not going to see it out here now. The part that made the episode has to be Akane showing the birthmark on her butt, such a dork.

And I just realized something really pervy with the whole mayonase thing, well they did not end up covered in it until now. Oh anime.

The big reveal of the magical girl meeting the dark magical girl is a big part of these type of series, and I was really looking forward to it here. Strangely spoiler[it was Rei who felt more betrayed here].

I don't know if I just did not realize it before, but I found it somewhat humorous that Vividgreen has a spoiler[booster on her butt]. And an excuse to show another butt, really need to have a compilation of every excuse this anime uses to show one.
mangacomic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quote
Ep 10 is definitely a step up from previous episode. I love spoiler[ the character change in Rei and her new friendship with Akane. And to turn it upside down at the end is a nice plot device. ] The funny part is how the show spoiler[ made Rei as some kind of victim at the end ] when she has almost gotten the girls killed. Heck, thanks to her many men have been slaughtered by Alone. Can't wait to see what they're going to do to her next episode.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I don't watch anime to see logic in operation, but when it appears or the opposite of it appears I notice.

A new Alone shows up andspoiler[ it gets three arrows, and half of the vivid team dusts it off without even working up a sweat. The prior Alone was cut to fragments first, and one fragment got an arrow and Akane ends up in the hospital. I guess not all Alone are created equal and perhaps they don't appear in increasing strength, but Rei sure got screwed out of at least two arrow-chances she has]. Whatever the crow is after it doesn't make sense for it to set her up for failure. It doesn't giver her any help at all and it doesn't make sense.

As for that, I wonder when someone will figure out the crow has been lying to Rei all this time. I'm pretty sure Rei can't do it herself since she is so desperate she has to believe. Although I do have to wonder -- she managed to face down the crow pretty decisively when the episode started. If she has the ability for that sort of pushback she has to at least suspect sooner or later that things aren't on the up-and-up.

And it is logical for Rei to think she has been betrayed. spoiler[ When the useless floating trashcans first spotted her she made the reasonable assumption that she had been under surveillance for some time. From there it would be reasonable to assume Akane was playing her, and that would hurt her deeply given how alone (no pun) she has been.]

The bathtub scene was a bit much. Akane did spoiler[everything short of telling Rei to stick a finger in.]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote
they were fighting a giant bacteriophage, how deadly can that possibly be? It only gotspoiler[ 1 arrow].
mangacomic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote
Just because Rei thinks she has been betrayed, doesn't change the fact that she helped Alone that has killed so many people. So far the show conveniently ignore this to somehow make her the tragic victim. All so that she can befriend Akane to have another yuri-ish relationship.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote
But we all know that it will be Akane who will be doing the befriending, that is what the ultimate attacks of such magical girls are for.

I wonder if she will be able to shoot a giant pink beam?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 13