• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell Arise Anime to Launch in 2013

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 am Reply with quote
I can't help staring at how blue the Major's hair looks; I'm so used to seeing it purple.

I'll give Kazuchika Kise the benefit of doubt. He has worked on the GitS franchise in the past as a Key Animator so I'm mildly confident that being familiar with the series will entitle him to not screw up the new anime. Wonder how long it has been in production?
daichi383

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
generalkorn12 wrote:
Hopefully they won't follow current trends in anime and add some moe character.

Tachikoma aren't moe though. They are just bloody brilliant.
methaniel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote
Well, it seems understandable that skepticism would arise, trying do a new anime in the GitS franchise could pretty much turn either into a jewel or crap. The expectations of the fan are going to be some pretty damn high wall to go through.
Anyway, I'll look forward to it, the amount of information is far from being enough to even get a rough idea about it, so let's just say I'm pleased to hear more about GitS
generalkorn12

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote
It'll really piss me off if they make Motoko a moe-type secondary character, who feels the need to be protected 24/7 by Batou. Do that, and it's not even Motoko anymore.

Last edited by generalkorn12 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:08 am Reply with quote
daichi383 wrote:
He only directed the opening credits sequence of the Bebop movie though right? Anyway he is a good one.

Gah, you're right. I was quickly scanning the page and saw "Director" and did not see what came after it. Bummer. Well, at least he did direct the other two, LOL.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
I only got into GiTS a couple of years ago but I'm looking forward to this. It is a bit worrying that the director is inexperienced but I think he should be given a shot. Really curious who'll pick it up though. As others have said Manga hasn't done much of anything lately so...

Funimation or Sentai might get it instead. Manga doesn't seem to care too much for home video (Redline and First Squad barely even seem to count because they were also partially under Anchor Bay) and just streams everything. NISA/Nozomi would be ridiculous because GiTS is known for a stellar dub cast.

In fact I'd be unsurprised if whoever got this also rescued the movie and SAC/SSS.

Last edited by ZeetherKID77 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:15 am Reply with quote
So Cornelius is composer huh?For all of those who dont know,he is pretty respected artist even outside of borders of Japan.Here is an example of his work that I like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRMOYFR10g It seems Ghost in the Shell franchise is fated to have great music.
A5J4DX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote
need to still watch the first 2 lol
Pangea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote
Oh my [expletive] god i donteven care what this is just give it to me now.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote
Yeah! Now this is an anime anoucment I can care about. I'm worried because it's an anime made now and it has a high chance of sucking. Also because the so far revealed staff dosen't inspire confidence. Mardock Scramblekind of sucked, but UBUKATA strikes me as at least someone who understands how to craft an actual story. Either way it's GiTS and I'll give it a chance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
Yoko Kanno, please come back! At least for the OP/ED! It's not a GitS series without a brilliant, multilingual OP! (Although they don't need to set it to 3D computer animated sequences, necessarily).

Screw moe. Motoko turning moe in any way besides *maybe* character design just can't be the same Major we used to know. My personal wishlist starts with Kanno music, Togusa/Batou buddy cop interactions, and a Major that can't be characterized as "moe" in any way besides *maybe* character design. Is that too much to ask?
TheZeonicFront

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:37 am Reply with quote
I was excited when I read the headline, a little less so now.

But still, it seems a lot of times when you get these random combo of talent who hasn't done anything spectacular attached to a big name franchise it usually works out for the better. Maybe these guys gave an amazing pitch and this is the show they were born to make a name for themselves on.

Here's to hoping.
Timeenforceranubis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:37 am Reply with quote
daichi383 wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
generalkorn12 wrote:
Hopefully they won't follow current trends in anime and add some moe character.

Tachikoma aren't moe though. They are just bloody brilliant.

I'll have you know I find the Tachikomas very moe.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:40 am Reply with quote
Wait! I can't really tell by the picture, but is the Major moe looking now?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
ryukage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
I'm just waiting for the return of Mamoru Oshii to the franchise with the crossover title, Ghost in the Angel's Egg Shell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9