• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does everybody think of Paranoia Agent?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I've been loving this series so far. It just clicked for me at the end of episode one when spoiler[Lil' Slugger whacked Akio then creepily said hello to Sagi], and that only continued when spoiler[Ichi has his dreamlike sequence at the end of episode two where I didn't even realize that it was reality until Lil' Slugger came and whacked him]. The spoiler[phone messages in episode three were creepy as well], but I wasn't really creeped out by episode four, though I think he and every other character could jump of the screen, they are portrayed so realistically. I'm really excited about watching the rest of the series, and I'm trying to get my mom into watching it as well, since it seems accessible to non-anime fans as well.

Two more things I love: Adult Swim's promo for it is really cool. Also, even though it has no significance, the opening still creeps me out the way that it's raining, there is a giant explosion in the background, people are falling in the sky, and the earth has explosions on it, and the people just keep laughing maniacally...
Dagwood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:18 am Reply with quote
Quote:
spoiler[did that guy rape that little girl or something in episode 4?]
I think so, if I remember correctly he was one of spoiler[Maria's customers and she called him daddy. When he took that drug that dude gave him, he freaked out and obviously wasn't himself. When he was robbing that couple and their daughter came home, he jumped out and said "call me daddy."] That was the connection I made anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:28 am Reply with quote
I really like the series already. I've been watching it on Adult Swim. It reminds me a lot of Boogiepop Phantom, but not as dark or gloomy. It also reminds me of FLCL in a way. I really like everything about it so far, the character design has a 'real' feel to it, the opening and ending credits are very nice. Can't wait to see next weeks episode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4