• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Anime to Run for Half a Year

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:34 am Reply with quote
Dimlos wrote:
sirdano1 wrote:
I don't know if I can stand another two cour show with Yuki Kaji voicing the main character...
Oh yes, I didn't pay any attention to who was doing the voices beforehand and it was an unpleasant surprise to hear him voicing yet another leading male role. People give dubs a lot of flak for using the same people all the time, but Japan is pretty terrible about it, too. Yuki Kaji is in literally every other show, it seems, with no real variation to his voice.

His voice may be annoying, but I'd rather hear him over Greg Ayres any day.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:08 am Reply with quote
Dimlos wrote:
sirdano1 wrote:

I don't know if I can stand another two cour show with Yuki Kaji voicing the main character...

Oh yes, I didn't pay any attention to who was doing the voices beforehand and it was an unpleasant surprise to hear him voicing yet another leading male role. People give dubs a lot of flak for using the same people all the time, but Japan is pretty terrible about it, too. Yuki Kaji is in literally every other show, it seems, with no real variation to his voice.

Most Westerners can't really tell one way or another.

Emerje wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Granted, this kind of show is pretty much the exact opposite of what NIS usually goes for, so I'm not too worried.

What exactly does NISA usually go for? They've done horror, slapstick comedy, romcom, slice of life, action, drama, moe, and ecchi. Only thing they haven't picked up yet is a magical girl series, otherwise they've done a little bit of everything. Nothing is off limits other than straight up hentai.

Something high Western potential maybe?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 am Reply with quote
Dimlos wrote:
sirdano1 wrote:

Yet he won best Male Voice Actor of 2012 from the Seiyuu Awards, and Best overall Voice ACtor from the Tokyo Anime Awards 2012.

Theres a reason why he's in so much now... he's a great seiyuu who is in high demand.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Dimlos wrote:

Yes Japan has its popular and overused seiyuu (and I tolerate Yuki Kaji at best) but the voice pool and variety is still much larger than the US, end of story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3