• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Unveils Swimming Team TV Anime Free! for July

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musouka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:55 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
... there is no Butterfly swimmer.

Rin (the red headed rival) swims butterfly, and crawl.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
AyumiHamasaki wrote:
Just because it stars shirtless boys hanging out with each other and rubbing each other doesn't mean it's going to be uninteresting.

When did this rubbing happen? I must have missed that...

Shocked Very Happy
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Please you guys. You forgot the first swimming anime. Beck.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote
musouka wrote:
willag wrote:
... there is no Butterfly swimmer.

Rin (the red headed rival) swims butterfly, and crawl.

Major Crisis Averted. I already liked Rin, but he has now automatically been relegated to #1 Favorite FREE! Character.

ANN should fix their article to include this VITAL information. What sort of message are you trying to send out, ANN, hmm? Are you discriminating against us Butterfliers? To further your agenda of kicking us little guys down? Why if it weren't for us, your Medley Relays would be half-cocked and boring - we're clearly the best part of the entire race. Just ask Michael Phelps and his 18 Olympic gold medals.

Unjust!

I've got my eyes on you, ANN.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fromtheashes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:

Laughing I forgot all about that. Even though it was mostly known for the music, the scenes involving swimming were very important in the show.

Now that you mention, would it be a far-fetched idea that these guys may actually sing either within the show or in the OP/ED? Given their idol-like appearances, I can see this having a musical vibe at least for one episode.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:16 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
I've got my eyes on you, ANN.

So has Kitara.
LilyChan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote
fromtheashes wrote:
Nocturne123 wrote:

Laughing I forgot all about that. Even though it was mostly known for the music, the scenes involving swimming were very important in the show.

Now that you mention, would it be a far-fetched idea that these guys may actually sing either within the show or in the OP/ED? Given their idol-like appearances, I can see this having a musical vibe at least for one episode.

ugh oh my god i am waiting for that episode
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quote
fromtheashes wrote:
The five guys are singing the ED as stated in the press conference. No name/release date has been given.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
lol at all the guys not happy at all. At least it's something for the girls this time, and not the usual MOE crap. And that the guys now can't touch themselves to 2d waifus.

I probably won't watch this since I dropped UtaPri in a matter of seconds- once i saw guys dancing weird and revealing stomach...i was like no.
ssandulak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, not exactly getting the hate lol. I'm a guy and I'll totally check out this show. Kyoani does good work and if they bring a good story and/or characters to the table? I'll be there Smile
I think it would be pretty awesome if there was some way to keep track of male/female sales on shows as well Very Happy I bet the numbers would surprise us on a bunch of different series.
fromtheashes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:44 pm Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
The five guys are singing the ED as stated in the press conference. No name/release date has been given.

Great. That's what I was hoping for/expecting. Keep 'em coming with the insanely catchy OPs/EDs KyoAni! Very Happy
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I still find it amazing that a single Anime announcement can have this much interest.

Ignoring the complaints from the morons who say that Kyoto Animation should not be making a Fujoshi-targeted show, I wonder why Fujoshi themselves (as well as guys like Chagen46) are so ecstatic about this Anime. If it was a girls' swim club then most guys would have been pretty excited but that would have been it. But because the characters are boys, the female fans on both sides of the Pacific have been extremely happy, some to the point where they sound like they are creaming themselves.

I ask this in all seriousness: are Fujoshi and Fudanshi so starved of good shows about pretty boys so as to latch on to anything that looks high-budget? I've heard the stories about Uta no Prince-sama and they aren't kind. Yet it somehow sold like hotcakes, as if Fujoshi are so desperate to watch cute boys they'll buy something bad in order to encourage other similar shows.

Because if that is the case - if fans really have been starved by Japanese producers - then I'm happy for them. First of all, it's fun to watch the Moe fans squirm. But more importantly, I'm genuinely delighted that Kyoto Animation are servicing a segment of fandom that doesn't usually have well-made shows catering for them. If guys can have their sex appeal shows (and lord knows we have enough of them each season) then so should gals; it's only fair.

And who knows? It might be good enough that people can watch it even if they aren't there to ogle the hunks. That would be nice; I've always wanted to watch a Sports show that focused on competitive swimming. Getting bored of football (soccer), baseball and tennis, to be honest.

Last edited by dtm42 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
fromtheashes wrote:
Nocturne123 wrote:

I have no problem with them making this show (honestly why would I. I pretty much have zero problem with any company making what they want whether I like it or not) but I can really see the show being overhyped and being touted as much better as it is due to the whole drama over it.

It could be that good, but I just hope people review this (and anything for that matter) with the rose tinted glasses off.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I wonder why Fujoshi themselves (as well as guys like Chagen46) are so ecstatic about this Anime.

STRAIGHT GIRLS AND GAY DUDES LIKE HOT MEN

Why is this a hard thing to understand?
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Why is this a hard thing to understand?

Still struggling to read people's posts I see. You really do need to get your eyesight checked out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 21 of 58