• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Scryed Alteration's Remastering to Add New Footage

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
branko7171

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:40 am Reply with quote
Alright! I love Scryed. This really surprised me since I also thought Scryed was not so popular. I'm eager to see action scenes with remastered quality.
Is it going to air on TV or not?
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:20 am Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:
I wounder if the remastered version is going to come to the US to

Definitely not. Bebop's had a remastered version out for years in Japan, and it's 100x more popular over here than s-cRY-ed, yet Bandai has done absolutely nothing to bring it over.

That sucks because, they brought it over to the UK
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
Emerje wrote:
As for what we're actually getting, running the source on the article through Bing I get "Special Edition onto the digital-remastered all 26 episodes TV series, add new parts, composed new dubbing in the prequels." Sounds to me like 13 on each volume.

Strange that the term "prequel" somehow came out of that. I'd think ANN's report is far more likely to be accurate than a rough machine translation by Bing.

I'm not sure where the term prequel came from either, it might just be a strange way it translated the new scenes. But ANN's interpretation is pretty vague, it doesn't say what we're actually getting, just that it will be released in two volumes with new footage. Seeing as how this is the 10th anniversary I'd like to think they aren't going to cut corners and go all the way on this.

bglassbrook wrote:
Emerje wrote:
There's no room for anything other than BD at this point.

Perhaps I'm missing where the problem is in that sentance?

What makes you think there's something wrong with that sentence? It was in response to a comment above by xScar saying that this wont be released over here because whatever the latest version of Cowboy Bebop is that was released in Japan didn't get released here and it's far more popular than Scryed. I was countering that by saying our market is over saturated with CB and the only way we'll likely see a new version is if it's out on BD.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2