• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
British anime channel? sign this petition

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Assassin_

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Erm, can everyone sine this petition plaese?

[URL removed. Don't encourage futile online petitions. -Nagi]

Last edited by Assassin_ on Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:07 am Reply with quote
You want me to use a trigonometric ratio defined by the quotient of an angle's opposite side and the hypotenuse in some right triangle (="sine") on this petition? Or did you want me to sign it? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes [/i]
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:49 am Reply with quote
Internet petitions don't work. Stop wasting our time.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:31 am Reply with quote
Give me the Stig's real name, and then we'll talk.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:09 am Reply with quote
You do realize that most of the signatures on these online petition things are fake, right? Just give up, it's not gonna work. Get The Anime Network if you want anime 24-7.
demonix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:24 am Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Get The Anime Network if you want anime 24-7.

I'm just gonna this bluntly and big

you can't get anime network in england
Preston

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:58 am Reply with quote
Yeah, your not about to get any Anime 24/7 channel in the UK. You should investigate TV on the Net, now I don't know much about it but I hear you can watch foreign television via the internet, but how much it would cost and what sort of connection it would require I have no idea. I'm satisfied with what I can buy if the Japanease Studio show activity with whatever particular series I am interested in. For example, I wish I knew what the hell Gonzo are doing for the Bakuretsu Tenshi/Burst Angel series, but I have no hope that it will ever get aired on UK television, cable or satelite.
Iemander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:01 am Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:

That's a pretty stupid thing to say.

On the subject, you've got to take this thing a little more serious if you want this to work. Such a small petition on a tiny website isn't going to help anyone.

First you need to find someone who'd actually be interested in this project to begin with and has the time and funding to make it work. Then you need to prove to that guy that anime has potential, make a private petition or make interviews or whatever. But make lots and have it really convincing.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Iemander wrote:
Starwind Amada wrote:

On the subject, you've got to take this thing a little more serious if you want this to work. Such a small petition on a tiny website isn't going to help anyone.

First you need to find someone who'd actually be interested in this project to begin with and has the time and funding to make it work. Then you need to prove to that guy that anime has potential, make a private petition or make interviews or whatever. But make lots and have it really convincing.

Good suggestion and that was a stupid thing to say, she lives in the UK not the US! If you have the connections you can prob ask a tv company that owns a lot of stations, (ie Chum in Canada, prob BBC in the UK? I dunno) and make an interview proposing an anime channel. that will be hard but I'm sure if you keep trying they will evenually create an anime channel since anime has been more popular then it was 10 years ago.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Iemander wrote:
Starwind Amada wrote:

Guess I should've known ADV would only make TAN available to US customers. But you don't have to go around insulting me, you jerk.
Iemander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Iemander wrote:
Starwind Amada wrote:

Guess I should've known ADV would only make TAN available to US customers. But you don't have to go around insulting me, you jerk.

I wasn't specifically insulting you. It just was a stupid thing to say.
Assassin_

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Iemander wrote:
Starwind Amada wrote:

Im not so botherd about 24/7, but we just dont get ANY decent anime at all over here, just lots and lots of DBZ on toonami, and thats about it as far as anime goes, and no offence to any fans, but DBZ sucks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Assassin_ wrote:

Im not so botherd about 24/7, but we just don't get ANY decent anime at all over here, just lots and lots of DBZ on toonami, and thats about it as far as anime goes, and no offence to any fans, but DBZ sucks

I still remember what happened to Toonami right after the 9-11 attacks. They pulled anything dealing with war and/or realistic violence for a while (mainly Gundam). This was the schedule for a few weeks (which makes no sense because it alternates between two different timelines in the same universe):

5PM: Dragonball
5.5PM: Dragonball Z
6PM: Dragonball
6.5PM: Dragonball Z

It sucked big time. The series has been milked to its limit. The only reason I still watch it at night is because it's uncut and shows that Cartoon Network isn't afraid to show edgy stuff outside of Adult Swim.
Assassin_

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Yeh the wird thing is thogh they still have a few shows that deel with war, just not anime >.<
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Assassin_ wrote:
Yeh the wird thing is thogh they still have a few shows that deel with war, just not anime >.<

It's been 4 years, so people have gotten over it (somewhat). And I think CN only pays attention to the anime when it comes to sensitive situations since they know that's what really portrays the situation. A bunch of superheroes running around (Justice Friends or League or whatever) isn't exactly convincing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3