• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
C – Control – The Money and Soul of Possibility (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aylinn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who thinks that the ending is not that good? The whole fight between Kimimaro and Mikuni is so predictable that I was bored to death. Their dialogue is awful, though the blame may lie with the fansubbes.

I like the idea 'save the future vs. save the present,' but I don't like how poorly executed it is, at least sometimes.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I agree. I really wanted to love the show but the ending confirmed that it is nothing great. There were some some good personal relationships explored but never well resolved and since the rules of the financial districts and absolutely everything to do with entrepreneurs made no sense the final fight made no impact. So he beat him... How, Why? Whatever, it was expected so it happened.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I wish they had been a bit more clear on what happened in the new future. Still I liked the show, and the ending could have been worse.
Aylinn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:10 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Oh, I agree. I really wanted to love the show but the ending confirmed that it is nothing great. There were some some good personal relationships explored but never well resolved and since the rules of the financial districts and absolutely everything to do with entrepreneurs made no sense the final fight made no impact. So he beat him... How, Why? Whatever, it was expected so it happened.

Yeah, C is Nakaamura’s weakest series. I suppose that the problem may be that Nakamura departed from his usual style of storytelling. The stories in Mononoke or Kūchū Buranko are no longer than three episodes and the main character never becomes the primary focus. The supporting characters are the ones who have a problem and the main character only helps to fix it, while in C the problem revolves around the main character. Unfortunately, raising the same subject for eleven episodes is a bit tedious.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:38 pm Reply with quote
To much for 11 to work with that ending.

neat idea got me to watch but would never own this one. I also think the ending needed 12 instead of 11.
Craigasorus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking in checking this out but like most short series it seems like it has a really strong beginning and middle and lacking in the third act of it's final episodes.

Might still check it out though.
Nick Hobbs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 am Reply with quote
When I found out this series was only 11 episodes I was a little baffled and saddened. There was so much going on with the series that it seemed impossible for everything to be wrapped up in just eleven episodes. Unfortunately, I was right and ended up pretty disappointed. There is so much of the Financial District that we never got to explore, and there were a lot of things that could have used clarification.

I will say that it was quite horrifying to watch entire cities and continents being wiped out, and really added to the gravity of it all. Things just got cut short too quickly. Oh, and I did like the twist about the black card...seemed so appropriate. Perhaps there will be a second season that offers better answers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6