• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sakura Con Vs. Anime North

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stangryder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:45 am Reply with quote
Just wondering if anybody's been to Sakura Con? I'm deciding between that and Anime North, haven't been to any of these conventions b4, so curious to check one out this yr. I've noticed alot of good feedback from Anime North, but nothing about Sakura Con. Any feedback would help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
thebaron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:38 am Reply with quote
They are both far away from me, but you might want to do a Google search for Sakura Con coverage.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Sakura Con is moving into the Seattle Convention Cneter for the first time this year, so it's hard to make a call on it right now (I'll get back to you Monday. Very Happy )

I can say, in the past, it has been full of nice people, good shopping, and fun panels, but was crazy-crowded with absurdly long waits for major events (1-2 hour waits in line on some.) I do kinda expect that to dissappear this year, simply for the size (the main events room will hold 3,000 people as opposed to 900 Shocked )

I must point out I've yet to attend a con other than Sakura though.
biliano

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:46 am Reply with quote
thebaron wrote:
They are both far away from me, but you might want to do a Google search for Sakura Con coverage.

Better yet, check out Sakura-Con's website.
aluria

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote
This is a little late but these two cons seem odd to compare. Toronto and Seattle? Considering Anime North is basically Anime Exop's Canadian equiviant and Sakura con is still pretty young, this would seem an obvious choice to me. I'd scream if I'd got the chance to go to Anime North.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quote
East vs. West! I've been to Anime North and I thought it was amazing. It is located at a hotel and a convention centre, which makes more events and space. There are also a lot of events, contests, auctions, DDR challenges, etc. that take place there. It is also located near the airport,restaurants and hotels. Toronto is one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world, which is great if you like to shop, or to eat from different cultures around the world. You can check out their website at http://animenorth.com
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1