• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more
You are welcome to look at the talkback but please consider that this article is over 6 years old before posting.

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Sword Art Online Blu-Ray 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:51 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Oh, I'll be surprised if AoT doesn't end up on AS at some point. There's nothing specifically Japanese about the setting, it has story elements which American audiences could appreciate quite well (in a sense it could be thought of as a variation on the zombie apocalypse concept), and it has a certain kind of flair to it that I could see going over well with American audiences. And if Toonami is willing to show something like Evangelion 2.2 unedited, the graphic content shouldn't be a big issue.

While I have always been convinced that SAO could be successful on Toonami due to its gamer appeal, I think AoT's potential to be a cross-over hit is much greater. I could actually see it being a gateway title.

you do have a point since AS have no problem broadcasting the Evangelion movies and its kinda similar to attack on titan , However there is a lot of unknown factors. true their is a high chance that the graphic content shouldnt be a big issue, though there is a chance it might have for some of the audience so its kinda 50/50 if you ask me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:23 pm Reply with quote
kazenoyume wrote:
I stopped a couple of episodes into the Fairy Dance arc. I felt insulted by the way this show treated not only women period but women gamers, and the FD arc pushed it over the line.

Poor Asuna, so much promise as a character.

And I tend to avoid using Gary Stu/Mary Sue labels for a lot of reasons, but Kirito is absolutely a GS.

And the OMG, women play videogames! Surprise! Is really annoying!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8