• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bayonetta Game Gets Anime Film by Gonzo in November

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Then no one will play it, plain and simple.

This is why Sega only wants to release Sonic games, as tired out as he is.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote
@Rahxephon91: I know a timed exclusive when I see one, I know Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive. If I get it wrong, then I'll apologize, if it get a PS4/Xbox One port then not you only have to apologize, you'll have to stop throwing a similar rant in the future when a similar situation like Bayonetta 2 Wii U ever happen because well people keep making mistake when it comes to 3rd party exclusives (I'm not going to count 1st party exclusive, 2nd party tend to vary).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
You can't even get straight what a timed exclusive is. You don't know squat.

And yous till have yet to show that Nintendo games have a history of being released on other systems. Not even one example.

You're wrong. It's not happening.

Quote:
when it comes to 3rd party exclusives (I'm not going to count 1st party exclusive, 2nd party tend to vary).
Um no they don't. Because no one here is talking about a 3rd party game.

Read this aloud please.

Bayonetta 2 is not a 3rd party game. It is a Nintendo game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Laserpewpewpew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:03 am Reply with quote
Oh come on...

GONZO, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE ROSARIO VAMPIRE REMAKE OR SEASON 3!

Damn it all, what's wrong with Gonzo. I'm one of the leaders of a huge mass of 100,000-400,000 fans here in the states and we're all itching for them to SAY something about it.

Damn, if they don't want to release another season, that's fine. But we have a whole slew of rabid fans wondering what Gonzo's going to do with the franchise.

Freaking Gonzo. Stop with these stupid random game movies for ten seconds and give us a response!
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:58 am Reply with quote
They have made like three game adaptations. Hardly taking up most of thier time.

And hell Bayonetta is far more worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
This looks pretty decent for an anime but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too serious for Bayonetta. That games is goofy as hell and doesn't take itself serious for more than a few seconds at a time.

Also, Bayonetta 2 isn't coming to other consoles. It's being published and fully funded by Nintendo. Can you name a single Nintendo game in this situation that has gone that route? The closest you can come in Goldeneye... which is owned by Activision, not Nintendo.
mdo7 wrote:
Until I'm proven wrong, Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive in my eye and I do expect a PS4/Xbox One port in the future.

I'd just ask how can you be proving wrong? If, Platinum coming out and saying it won't happen isn't enough for you, what could possibly prove it?

By your logic, I'm technically still right about Mario 3 just being a timed Nintendo exclusive. It could still happen. We won't be able to say otherwise until a few seconds before the world is destroyed.
Wolfgirl90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:59 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
@Rahxephon91: I know a timed exclusive when I see one, I know Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive. If I get it wrong, then I'll apologize, if it get a PS4/Xbox One port then not you only have to apologize, you'll have to stop throwing a similar rant in the future when a similar situation like Bayonetta 2 Wii U ever happen because well people keep making mistake when it comes to 3rd party exclusives (I'm not going to count 1st party exclusive, 2nd party tend to vary).

Actually, you are both ranting on stupid points. But I mean really, if you are proven right, you want an apology? Even if it occurs two years from now? Get over yourself.

Here's the thing. At the moment, Bayonetta is a Wii U exclusive. Why? Because Nintendo is publishing it. Atsuchi Inaba (from Platinum Games) even said that Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have even been a possibility without Nintendo stepping in, so for now, everyone can expect Bayonetta 2 to be a console-exclusive title for the moment.

Now, is there a possibility that it could appear on another console, maybe even a next-gen one? Maybe, but it is very slim. It should be known that third party exclusives are generally made to build up a rapport with a publisher (in this case, Nintendo), and third party games published by Nintendo don't end up on other consoles very often. Third party games certainly can end up on other consoles, but ones published by Nintendo are seldom seen on other consoles; Ninja Gaiden 3 is the only one that comes to mind at the moment (ironically, Australia got the ported versions before the original WiiU version).

And even if Bayonetta 2 does appear on another console (and I honestly doubt that it will), it will most likely appear after most social relevance of it has been drained. Sure, people were right when they said that Mass Effect would appear on the PS3, but that was after three freaking YEARS of exclusivity (and that's not counting the extra year PS3 owners had to wait in order to get the first Mass Effect). So they were right, but also late to the party. At that point, there's no real reason to brag. Rolling Eyes
Crispy45

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote
Laserpewpewpew wrote:
Damn it all, what's wrong with Gonzo. I'm one of the leaders of a huge mass of 100,000-400,000 fans here in the states and we're all itching for them to SAY something about it.

>_> Well for one thing Japanese companies don't give a crap about American fans and two the show sold horribly so they probably ain't ever gonna continue it.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Wolfgirl90 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Actually, you are both ranting on stupid points.
You say this and then don't say anything I haven't already said. Ok...
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quote
The difference with Bayonetta 2 is that Nintendo is literally funding the game.

With other timed exclusives like Titanfall, Microsoft just paid off the publisher. With Mass Effect Microsoft was the publisher, and it still took six years for ME1 to show up on a non-Microsoft platform (PS3). With GoldenEye, Activision can do whatever it wants with the name, but they can't publish the original N64 code without Nintendo's say-so. They tried actually. Rare actually had a completed HD version of GoldenEye ready to go for Xbox 360, but Nintendo apparently caught wind and killed it at the last minute.

Personally, I wouldn't call Bayo 2 a 100% exclusive unless Nintendo is actually devoting manpower to the game and co-developing it, but as it stands right now, Nintendo's relationship with the game is much closer than any first party company has had to a timed exclusive. Nintendo's not only publishing the game, but literally funding its development. Bayonetta 2 would not exist without Nintendo.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote
RedSwirl wrote:
The difference with Bayonetta 2 is that Nintendo is literally funding the game.

With other timed exclusives like Titanfall, Microsoft just paid off the publisher. With Mass Effect Microsoft was the publisher, and it still took six years for ME1 to show up on a non-Microsoft platform (PS3). With GoldenEye, Activision can do whatever it wants with the name, but they can't publish the original N64 code without Nintendo's say-so. They tried actually. Rare actually had a completed HD version of GoldenEye ready to go for Xbox 360, but Nintendo apparently caught wind and killed it at the last minute.

Personally, I wouldn't call Bayo 2 a 100% exclusive unless Nintendo is actually devoting manpower to the game and co-developing it, but as it stands right now, Nintendo's relationship with the game is much closer than any first party company has had to a timed exclusive. Nintendo's not only publishing the game, but literally funding its development. Bayonetta 2 would not exist without Nintendo.

MS funded Mass Effect 1 also alongside publishing the game, yet it ended up on PS3 with the help of EA 5 years later (MS didn't even bother blocking ME1 from going to PS3). Also as I said on my previous post, Gears of War is published by MS, but MS doesn't own the Gears IP and Epic Games have said on record they want to bring Gears to PS3 (and maybe PS4 since I think Gears could work on PS4 better then PS3). So if Gears end up getting a PS3/PS4 port, that's going to raise more doubt about Bayonetta 2 on Wii U and Bayonetta fans are going to use the Gears getting a Playstation port (and Mass Effect 1 PS3 port) as fuel to back up their Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive. I still question Bayonetta 2 exclusiveness on Wii U.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
You can't even get straight what a timed exclusive is. You don't know squat.

And yous till have yet to show that Nintendo games have a history of being released on other systems. Not even one example.

You're wrong. It's not happening.

Well did you know some of MS game titles ended up on Nintendo console. Did you know there was going to be a Halo game on Nintendo DS. Shocked

Yep it was scrap but if that had happen in reality, then a lot of Playstation owners would demand Mario and Zelda and Halo on Playstation console, then Xbox owners would want Resistance, Killzone, and Uncharted on Xbox 360 and Nintendo fanboys would demand Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Littlebigplanet on Wii. They would also demand Halo, Resistance, Killzone, and Uncharted for Wii also if Halo DS had actually came out on Nintendo DS. There wouldn't be any good competition if that was to happen, would it?

So yeah if I saw Mario or Zelda appearing on Playstation 4, I wouldn't be shock because Nintendo wasn't the first to put 1st party characters on a competitor console because MS did that when they put theirs on Nintendo console.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4