• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Evangelion Character Designer Yoshiyuki Sadamoto

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote
Vapors wrote:
As for JXs autograph policy, they probably should make it so you can only get one autograph/sketch per guest for the whole convention.

And as another person who had the premium pass and who goes solely for autographs, I strongly disagree with this. There is no reason for me to pay for a premium pass if I'm told that I can't get more than one autograph per guest for the entire con.

I think Anime Expo's system should be used instead. If you want an autograph, line up for their tickets, or attend the guest's panel so that you get ticketing preference. If you're spending hundreds of dollars not only on admission but on hotel and transportation and the sole reason you go to any con is for autographs, you should be allowed to get as many as you want. Otherwise, spending a couple hundred dollars to go here doesn't make sense, and there are other cons who manage to get really great guests who would be better venues as they don't prevent you from getting multiple autographs from the same guest.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny: Yeah, but Sadamoto needs the money, because he's a struggling artist, especially now that Evangelion has been a total flop as an indie crowd-funded project. Rolling Eyes
Dfens

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I'll I know is I got to the con over 2 hours early to line up, then ran straight to the line for Sadamoto to get a autograph waited another hour only to get to the desk and told sorry no more first come first serve passes. That's total BS. All of us regular ticket holders never had a chance to begin with then why call it first come first serve?

Their was one guy who was in the front of the line who was the earliest person their and he still didn't get a spot for a autograph. If the premium ticket people where going to take all the slots then why didn't they tell us that we were wasting are time and if you bought a ticket just for him you weren't going to get one.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that premium tickets were a must have item to even have a shot, money was not an issue they didn't make it clear enough on their website. And I met a person who got 2 autographs from Sadamoto one first come and one random. While many people like myself didn't even get one. If JX said you want one pay us 500 bucks or whatever then fine just don't waste my time.

I don't blame Sadamoto, I don't expect him spend the whole convention signing autographs all day long, I blame Japan Expo for their stupid policies. They should have know some one as big as him would draw huge crowds for his signature. Come on do you think people lining up outside early on Saturday were dying to get in the con ASAP, no most were their for his autograph.

Why should a person get more than one autograph? Now say they sign more than one item at the session for a person that should be it. Give others a chance for one don't be greedy especially if they are pressed for time and can only sign for X amount of guests.

As I said before make it a true first come first serve line and or make it a paid autograph ticket so if you purchase one at least you know if you want one from whatever guest it's going to cost this much so make sure you secure one or you don't get one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2