• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ANN on G4's Attack of the Show: Video and Transcript

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HezaChan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
HezaChan wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

And there is no thread on cosplay.com about this. Odd.....

I asked them how they found me after the 3rd time they called me, and they told me cosplay.com. They must have been going through recent pictures in the galleries, and found my info on my member profile. I usually don't use the forums on Cosplay.com unless I need help with a wig or some other helpful tips.

No, I meant why nobody at cosplay.com has posted a thread discussing your "apperance" on G4.

Perhaps not a lot of people knew or something. I have no clue why no one said anything... Maybe I should post on there warning cosplayers not to do it.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:
Just to illustrate who got passed over for that program segment, look here to see more cosplayers.
I don't know if you meant look at all 2236 pages, but on the first page only three of them live in the states. Plus we all know this was a hack job by G4. I still think Jmays won though.

The person that went thru that website is a paid employee looking for a specific type to be on that program. I doubt that he/she is going to stop at page 1. If you go further in and view more pages, you will see more Americans and the types of costumes that were on display.

You can even sort to specifically look for U.S. cosplayers or cosplayers in any other country by clicking on that particular country's flag designation at the top of the page.

Last edited by hikaru004 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
tlsmith1963

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I think that interview was really unfair. There are plenty of obsessive fan cultures out there, even sports, which they mentioned. But of course they acted like sports fans couldn't be weird. That's what gets me--anime fans are weird, Science Fiction fans are weird, but not sports fans? There is a guy at work who only talks about sports, non-stop. But I guess according to them, he isn't weird. Geez... Rolling Eyes

Tammy
digital apocalypse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:22 pm Reply with quote
yeah!!!!how are these 2 sports fanatics in this pic not crazy and obsessive, f*#%in cheeseheads, lol!!!
[/img]
MariachiDream

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Heza hunny, let's lead a rampage to G4's main base of operations :3
digital apocalypse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
MariachiDream wrote:
yeah!!! burn them to the ground Twisted Evil lol!! jk. or am i . Rolling Eyes
HezaChan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote
MariachiDream wrote:

Holy crap does that sound sweet.. so tempting!! Anime hyper

Last edited by HezaChan on Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, but no picking on Packer fans. (*wags finger at digital apocalypse*) That is the ultimate expression of pride in my fair state's football team that generates state revenue.

If you knew how difficult it was to get tickets to a Packer game or the long drive that people have to endure to see one, you'd understand.

Last edited by hikaru004 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
digital apocalypse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:40 pm Reply with quote
HezaChan wrote:
Holy crap does that sound sweet.. so tempting!! Anime hyper
yeah it does sound very tempting, g4 is evil!!!! they ate tech tv alive and killed it, and then replaced it with crap programing. and hate towards gamers, anime fans, tech heads, etc. by ditching us and our progamming. and replace it with retard filler, lets get them!!!!! and then after, get comcast who owns g4!!!!!! and attack brian roberts the ceo of comcast!!!!! yargggg!!!!
digital apocalypse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Sorry, but no picking on Packer fans. (*wags finger at digital apocalypse*) That is the ultimate expression of pride in our fair state's football team that generates state revenue.

If you knew how difficult it was to get tickets to a Packer game or the long drive that people have to endure to see one, you'd understand.
sorry Sad didn't realize that. i thought i was making a point, but i instead insulted a fanbase, which someone may be from winconsin on this forum. and that a low blow by me, i take responsibilitie for that immature comment. Anime smile + sweatdrop
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:51 pm Reply with quote
digital apocalypse wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:
Sorry, but no picking on Packer fans. (*wags finger at digital apocalypse*) That is the ultimate expression of pride in our fair state's football team that generates state revenue.

sorry Sad didn't realize that. i thought i was making a point, but i instead insulted a fanbase, which someone may be from winconsin on this forum. and that a low blow by me, i take responsibilitie for that immature comment. Anime smile + sweatdrop

No problem. No insult taken. Not every one realizes that seeing a Packer game live was nearly impossible because of low number of seats in the stadium. Heck, some of those seats were passed down in the family. Those home games are either in Milwaukee or Green Bay which means a 3 hour drive for some.
Kouji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I didn't watch the program but I did read the transcript and that was enough for me. I must say that I am very appalled by this network's behavior on their program and it isn't so much because of their closed-minded view about anime fans, but moreso because of their treatment of their guests. They invite these people to be on their show, give them five minutes to defend their hobby, only give them 30 seconds to answer their questions before they interrupt them, make mundane and unresearched opinions about the personal lives of complete strangers they don't even know, and flat out ridicule them on live national television and they're supposed to be proffessional TV hosts? I'm sorry, but no matter what your program is, you just don't do that to innocent strangers you don't even know on live TV. That is completely idiotic of them. Thanks for ruining your guests' repetuations, G4.

I'd really like to thank you guys, Jon and Heather, for trying your best to stick up for your personal interests and trying your best to stay calm and not let them push you around the best you could, especially you Heather. I know you probably had a lot more to say on their program and I'm sure you would've done a fantastic job of defending cosplay and anime fandom if they would've given you the chance to, but those G4 fools only wanted to make you look like an obssesive fanatic fangirl. But I know if it was me I probably would've flared up in their faces if they treated me that way on their program, especially if they labeled me as a "fanatic", so thanks again for defending anime the best you guys could. From when I first heard about this program, I already thought it was impossible and pointless to debate such a broad topic within only five minutes. If I were them, I would've changed the debate to something like "Anime Stereotypes: Debunking Myths About Japanimation" instead. That would've been a whole lot more productive than "Does anime suXXorz?!" (which is such an immature way of asking that question for a segment title on live TV), I think.

I also think they shouldn't have even had the cosplayer be there. Not because I think she was intentionally misrepresenting anime fandom or anything, but because I think the subject of cosplaying is a whole nother can of worms all together that really should've been saved for a completely different segment. Really, this G4 network is just like those annoying bullies back in middle school who would make fun of you for liking those "ghey Japanese cartoons like Pokayman!" and only give you five minutes to defend yourself before they proceed to make fun of you again for liking Pokayman and Japanese cartoon pr0n. That's really all G4 are. Just immature bullies that never learned to grow up. But hey, if G4 wants to make the generalization that all anime fans are computer geeks that're better at math and science than they are, I'll take that as a compliment any day.

Last edited by Kouji on Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:55 pm Reply with quote
DELETED.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:40 am; edited 2 times in total
SinnerChrno

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry but I felt the whole "interview"/"debate" was total BS...not only was it rushed but it was an obviously blatent attempt to make anime fans/cosplayers look like morons. I'm very glad that Hezachan and the other guy kept their cool and refused to act like the steriotypical anime fan.

And this coming from a "geek" channel? Pfft...whatever.
Then again I guess we can't really expect much from a channel that shows re-runs of "The Man Show" Anime hyper

F*u*c*k you G4...you were better before you downgraded from being Tech TV.

I can also say that I'm pretty disappointed in some of the comments coming from the people here on these forums. Go ahead and hate cosplayers all you want but don't run them into the ground for doing something that they love and don't say stupid shit like comparing Hezachan to that abomination that is Man-Faye. The typical cosplayer is NOT like him. Anime hyper We have jobs, we go to college and we DO have a life outside of anime/cosplay/conventions. It's merely a hobby..just like any other hobby out there.
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Rikabu wrote:
God, I can't stand AOTS anymore. It's crap now.
But nice interview guys! <3

I, on the other hand, think it's better than ever.

I thought the topic was weak, though. Like some have said, it's based on opinion. But it was nice to see that cosplayer trying to debate with some level of seriousness.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9