• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ANN on G4's Attack of the Show: Video and Transcript

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killer 7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:14 am Reply with quote
Thank god for wireless broadband,otherwise i wouldn't find the time to catch this segment on the tele.
Mays formerly known as Miagi provided a good debate,although i feel it could have been a bit more intense.But there's so much you can do in a 4-5 minute segment. (so that's what he looks like..)

I could care less about the other guy's opinions he comes off rather..crass. And that girl Heather..what is that getup?she looks like a reject from the Darkstalkers Videogame/Anime.
She really did nothing in regards to defending Anime.Not to mention being as much of a stereotype of Anime fans in general.
No wonder why i frown on most cosplayers..almost as bad as the geeks in those (Star)Trek conventions.
Although i must admit the otaku dressing up as Shinobi deserves
a shout-out for that costume.

Kevin did ok as a moderator,but G4 is an abomination.
especially since they dumped AU for boring shows like Banzai,brainiac and wtf is with those Star Trek,Fast Lane and street fury shows? well, in defense of SF the asian girls are hotties.

The Micheal Bay Transformers reference was a bit weak from both sides.sure it's now an Anime,but we all know that Transformers was originally based on toys made by japanese company Takara,then licensed to Hasbro. Maybe he should have mentioned the suppossed Akira and Evangelion live action movie projects,or even that the guys behind the Matrix movies were heavily influenced by Anime.

Like i said,there's so much you can do in a matter of minutes.
digital apocalypse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:18 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
digital apocalypse wrote:
and also, g4 happens to go to cosplay.com to find cosplayer to be on the show. hmm pretty shady? and pick hezachan. and they force her to wear that outfit. treat her like shat.

And there is no thread on cosplay.com about this. Odd.....

well hezachan said in one of her deviantart journal that she was called by g4 to appear on a.o.t.s. when they were searching through a cosplay website to find a guest to appear on the talk panal. and i think it was cosplay.something, com, net, org, dont know which for sure. sorry i have no clue. it probly wont say anyways.
RX-78

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
what was she cosplaying as?

Mink from Dragon Half.
[/quote]
camelot187757

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:17 am Reply with quote
jaybug39 wrote:
@ HezaChan;
That was not a very attractive photo of you. I didn't linger to verify that it was a woman. I'm sorry, but that was not cute or sexy to me. Beauty is in the eye of the [i[ beholder[/i]. I bet to me you would look a whole lot better in the clothes you wear to work everyday.

This a pic of her on her site
bennyb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:32 am Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
jaybug39 wrote:
@ HezaChan;
That was not a very attractive photo of you. I didn't linger to verify that it was a woman. I'm sorry, but that was not cute or sexy to me. Beauty is in the eye of the [i[ beholder[/i]. I bet to me you would look a whole lot better in the clothes you wear to work everyday.

This a pic of her on her site

I'd hit it! Very Happy
HezaChan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:50 am Reply with quote
LadySage wrote:
HezaChan wrote:
LadySage wrote:
Mink from Dragon Half. It was actually a fairly well-made costume, enough so that if I say her walking around at a con, I would definitely ask for a picture. HOWEVER, on a show where she is supposed to be claiming that most anime fans are relatively normal people, that particular costume was not a good choice. I get the sense they asked her to at least cosplay, though, and they really didn't give her any chance to speak or defend her fandom at all. Her purpose was really, "Look at what freaks those anime fans are lolololol"

Thank you but I'm not fat at all... -_- The camera and lighting were bad. And if you don't believe me you can visit my site to see better pictures:

http://coffeepotramen.50webs.com/mink.html

Wait, why did I just get yelled at? I complimented you. Anime cry

Heh, I'm sorry I must have quoted the wrong person. Damned 56k!! *shakes fist* I'm really sorry...
digital apocalypse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:56 am Reply with quote
ello, remember me heza? i am stabartist of D.A anyways, man i,m tired. barf!!!!!
HezaChan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:00 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

I asked them how they found me after the 3rd time they called me, and they told me cosplay.com. They must have been going through recent pictures in the galleries, and found my info on my member profile. I usually don't use the forums on Cosplay.com unless I need help with a wig or some other helpful tips.
HezaChan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote
Killer 7 wrote:

I could care less about the other guy's opinions he comes off rather..crass. And that girl Heather..what is that getup?she looks like a reject from the Darkstalkers Videogame/Anime.
She really did nothing in regards to defending Anime.Not to mention being as much of a stereotype of Anime fans in general.
No wonder why i frown on most cosplayers..almost as bad as the geeks in those (Star)Trek conventions.
Although i must admit the otaku dressing up as Shinobi deserves
a shout-out for that costume.

That girl Heather was dressing up as Mink from dragon half. I made that Costume myself. I know the difference between Darkstalkers and Dragon half. Morrigan is fuckin' sweet, and so is felicia and qbee. I love that game. But I didn't say anything because it wasn't my place to. If you would have read in the forums I explained that they picked me off of cosplay.com and told me to wear that costume 2 - 3 times. The lighting was harsh, I could harldy see the camera, and I didn't know how I looked on camera or on tv. All i could hear was the conversation in my ear and stare into the camera.

I won an award for that costume at IkasuCon 2006. And I posted pictures of it on cosplay.com because it was most recent. It looks good in real life:

http://coffeepotramen.50webs.com/images/mink4f.jpg
HezaChan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:18 am Reply with quote
digital apocalypse wrote:
ello, remember me heza? i am stabartist of D.A anyways, man i,m tired. barf!!!!!

Yeah I remember you! Anime smile Thanks!
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:59 am Reply with quote
HezaChan wrote:
It says this:
403 Forbidden
You must supply a local referer to get URL '/images/mink4f.jpg' from this server.
-------
You might want to host it yourself.
-------
And don't pay attention to what a bunch of these jerks say, you have more guts than most of them anyway. If you were actually given a chance, I am sure you would have been an excellent representation of cosplay and anime fandom. I feel sorry that you were used in that way. I am sure you feel the same.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Just to illustrate who got passed over for that program segment, look here to see more cosplayers.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Just to illustrate who got passed over for that program segment, look here to see more cosplayers.
I don't know if you meant look at all 2236 pages, but on the first page only three of them live in the states. Plus we all know this was a hack job by G4. I still think Jmays won though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HezaChan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:

They most likely went through "Member galleries" and seen the most recent posted pictures. Then looked at what country they were from.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:42 pm Reply with quote
HezaChan wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

I asked them how they found me after the 3rd time they called me, and they told me cosplay.com. They must have been going through recent pictures in the galleries, and found my info on my member profile. I usually don't use the forums on Cosplay.com unless I need help with a wig or some other helpful tips.

No, I meant why nobody at cosplay.com has posted a thread discussing your "apperance" on G4.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9