• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Coppelion (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:

spoiler[and seriously, why the hell would you need to even attempt to land your craft (even if it WASN'T an oversized bomber) to kidnap one granny because "you saw us now we have to rub ya out"]

This was the absolute worst part for me. It made absolutely no sense, and I think Fenix has described the ludicrousness of that plot point most accurately. Not only do theyspoiler[ land a massive stealth bomber just to kidnap a crazy old granny because she is a witness to their presence, but then when Ibara manages to break up their kidnapping attempt (Again.. with a B2 STEALTH BOMBER as the getaway car???) they are like, "Oh crap, lets get out of here!" and fire up their jet to escape... a girl with a pistol... ???] WTF

Just like the prior episode, this one also relied heavily on over dramatic commentary about the girls and their connection to the disaster. This show tries so hard to make us feel something by constantly hitting us over the head with dramatic exposition about the plight of these girls. It rarely works. Instead, they should have just made these girls into badasses and given us little glimmers into their internal struggles.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 4. Great action.

spoiler[So the B2 pilots are actually mercs who been secretly dumping the world's radioactive waste in Tokyo.
Ibara has a break down over this but when Denjiro tries to get himself killed for his sins, she manages to save his life and get him, Kawata and Ayame evacuated.
And next episode is about getting the rest of the survivors out of Tokyo.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's pretty obvious the spoiler[US] are dropping nuclear waste.
That explains the increase in radioactivity.
It's interesting how they exploit a bad situation and make it worse.
That's literally dumping your problems on others.
I'm amazed with the way some people think, it's like they're not even human..
Even though the spoiler[Professor was to blame for a lot of things, I still felt sorry for him.
At least the guy tried to make amends..]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I kinda feel sorry for the Professor this episode as well.

Now, I do wonder if the other two girls will play a more dominant role later on besides Ibara. As for this episode, the action was probably the more decent parts since they did manage to damage that spoiler[stealth fighter.]

Also, I couldn't keep my eyes off that spoiler[timer] the entire episode. (cringes teeth)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Damn, this show must have more TPM (tears per minute) than any show in recent history. Every time you turn around, somebody is sobbing their eyes out. ENOUGH WITH THE WATERWORKS, ALREADY!!! Geez.

Yeah, this show is kind of grating on me for a variety of reasons but still not quite ready to give it the boot.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I hope they recover the flight recorder, which probably includes such gems as:

spoiler[Okay, I know we were going to land our plane to try to kidnap the old lady who saw a speck in the sky, but that girl's got a smoke bomb! Screw that noise!]

spoiler[I hope that one day, someone invents an aircraft that can outrun a car. Or birds.]

spoiler[Good thing we didn't run our super-stealth mission at night. We wouldn't have been able to wave to the crows!]

spoiler[Whoa, the wing's on fire. Let's put it out by crash landing in that pool of highly contaminated water... you know, the water that we contaminated.]

spoiler[I'm so sad about the tragedy of my situation that is totally unapparent, but I'll describe it to you in words so you know why it's okay for me to be sad! Waaah!]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

I thought that it was a really good episode, the series has set up its style already so this was them showing what it has. Some action, desolated environments, people history, and tears. And I really like that, I like some good tears, and not like the characters are big cry babies, but they are just aware of everything. You can see how some people would spoiler[take advantage and decide to dump in the already eradiated mess that is Tokyo]. But you can how this would effect the Coppelion who were spoiler[made on the hope after the crisis, still seeing that a rotten part remains].

Also on the professor who is facing something so hard, but the girls show that there is humanity. The timer was great, it kept up the tension.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:09 am Reply with quote
Oh god, don't even get me started on the inanity of "bad guys" whose super villainous act is to spoiler[dump contaminated waste in the middle of a city...]

...that is already a deserted*, contaminated city. The fiends!

::cries uncontrollably at the inhumanity of it all::

*( deserted except for a hardy band of hazmat-suited survivors who for some reason stay there ... presumably so that our schoolgirl heroines actually have a reason to go to this basically deserted, contaminated city).
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:30 am Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty obvious the spoiler[US] are dropping nuclear waste.[/spoiler]

Uh, No.
spoiler[It's Yellow Cake Corp that's been dumping the world's nuclear waste into Tokyo.]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:39 pm Reply with quote
that whole B-2 sequence was just painful to watch. too much crying as well. not enough to get me to drop the show, so I'll keep soldiering on
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

spoiler[The Coppelions head to a JAXA facility to rescue the next group of survivors. However, two of those survivors, Gojiro Kajii and his pregnant daughter Ibuki, are being attacked by the Ghost of the 1st Division, a group of JGDF solider that have gone mad after they were left behind when the government sealed off Tokyo. Taeko is shot protecting Ibuki but they are rescued by Oyakata Kurobe and Gennai Ishikawa, the Kajii's JAXA colleagues. With the Prime Minister refusing to send a medevac until the 1st Division are eliminated, Aoi and Ibara decides to stay with the JAXA survivors at their home until help arrives while Onihei orders Coppelion Haruto Kurosawa of the Cleaning Team to help Ibara. ]
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Geez this series just keeps getting more and more painful to watch.
I was willing to forgive the retarded B-2 sequence last episode but this episode has gone to far.

spoiler[1. Ibara's gun is apparently multiple purpose and can do anything for any situation.
I mean really the gun has a smoke bomb and shoots remote explosives? Seriously it wouldn't have a problem with it if they showed her changing the gun in some way but she just fires it as if the gun was responding to the situation. It's just too dayum convenient.......

2. I'll be honest here. I HATE shows that involve guns. Why? Because there are so many situations where the enemy has their guns pointed at the good guys and they hesitate for NO REASON and allow them to act. It's so annoying. The whole scene where the guy comes in the water cannon just had me facepalming into oblivion. Somehow a group of guys with with assault rifles can't take on a single man with a water canon? Seriously?

There is even a part of the scene that i saw where the guys are literally just standing there WATCHING the guy shoot water at NOTHING (no seriously go watch the scene). These sort of scenes work better in manga because things happen in a split second but even so the transition in the anime is sloppy.

3. So they have regenerative abilities. I'm actually fine with this. But why are we finding this out now? You see so far it seems like these character revealing their special powers only AT the moment they are needed. Need to see something far away? Oh it's ok i have super vision. Need to get somewhere fast? Oh it's ok i have 10x the athletic ability of a normal human. Need to shoot down a B-2? Oh it's fine i grabbed a rocket launcher (and no one even noticed either). See the problem? That's just bad delivery if you ask me. Had we known the majority of their powers from the beginning this wouldn't be a problem but reveling them on the go like this doesn't feel right.

4. So Taeko gets shot..........well i guess that school uniform did everything it could to protect her! (headesk)
Why haven't they been given any sort of protective gear yet even though they have already faced enemies with weapons before this? It makes no freaking sense is their Vice Principal and idiot? I was willing to bypass this in the first couple of episodes because they were just saving people but now their attire seems entirely out of place. I don't exactly mind it takes about 1 week for them to heal though. Considering it can take MONTHS for a person to heal from a gunshot wound the recovery time doesn't seem out of place (though by most anime standards that recovery time is crap....).

5. So that giant round sphere is their hideout? WHAT EXACTLY ARE THEY TRYING TO HIDE? I'm surprised no one has tried to get into the place because it is VERY visible and out of place for this kind of city.]

I guess i'm just taking this anime to seriously. Honestly it SEEMED at first like it was taking itself seriously but as the episodes go things just get more and more stupid. I guess i'm mostly upset because my exceptions of the show are being dashed before my eyes....
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Things are certainly becoming more and more interesting.
At first, the plot was kinda slow and predictable, but it's not anymore.
The plot has suddenly taken an even more interesting turn.
It's amazing how resourceful people can be when pushed far enough.
Great episode, can't wait to see how it's gonna play out.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Aoi gets more and more annoying to watch each episode to me. Poor Taeko though. spoiler[She got shot] Sad

We did find out more info on this spoiler[1st Division as well as this place called The Planet]. Well if anything, the action of this episode was okay I guess. Ibara is one tough nut to crack. Also, seems like a major supporting character will appear next time. Nice spoiler[grenade] buddy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

So now the spoiler[remnants of the JSDF that were stuck in the city are shooting at people], kind of reminds me of a video game I played. Also I don't know if it was mentioned before, but our main characters are a medical team, this may explain why they are so unequipped except for a multipurpose tool that can do things from smoke screens to health agents. Based on the end it looks like we will get to see what a spoiler[combat crew would be look like, it actually looks like it is one guy, wonder if there is anything between him] and Ibara.

A new candidate for spoiler[terrible politicians]. He spoiler[treats them like the dolls that they seemed to be aware] they are called, calling them spoiler[weapons]. And then he wants an spoiler[injured medical team to take out an army].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 12