• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Streams Toradora! English-Dubbed Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Johnny Yong Bosch and the other guy who's Ryuuji sound almost exactly the same. The women are over-acting, based on these clips.
kh_gal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Taiga Aisaka Cassandra Lee Morris
Ryuji Takasu Erik Scott Kimerer
Minori Kushieda Christine Marie Cabanos
Yusaku Kitamura Johnny Yong Bosch
Ami Kawashima Erika Harlacher
Yasuko Takasu/Nanako Kashii Karen Strassman
Yuri Koigakubo Elizabeth Thomas
Koji Haruta Brian Beacock
Hisamitsu Noto Jason Baker
Maya Kihara Mela Lee
Sumire Kano/Inko Wendee Lee

I'm surprised no one checked the official NIS America Toradora site. More cast members Very Happy
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Gonna show this to club members who haven't seen the series and see what they think of it, if the voices fit the onscreen character acting (or what they think the characters are, since it's just a clip), as opposed to fitting to original voices.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I find it rather comical when I read dubcast posts like the ones found here. Of course we're going to be able to pick out the flaws in the voices of the dub cast it is our native language.

I wonder how many people here and that dismiss dubs in other threads actually speak fluent Japanese and lived there to pick up on the small things. The reason the subs always sound good is not because of some mystical feeling they put in the voices is because to the majority of us who are not native Japanese speakers can't pick out the flaws in the voice acting. It is not our native language so we don't hear all the mistakes.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote
kh_gal wrote:
Quote:
Taiga Aisaka Cassandra Lee Morris
Ryuji Takasu Erik Scott Kimerer
Minori Kushieda Christine Marie Cabanos
Yusaku Kitamura Johnny Yong Bosch
Ami Kawashima Erika Harlacher
Yasuko Takasu/Nanako Kashii Karen Strassman
Yuri Koigakubo Elizabeth Thomas
Koji Haruta Brian Beacock
Hisamitsu Noto Jason Baker
Maya Kihara Mela Lee
Sumire Kano/Inko Wendee Lee

I'm surprised no one checked the official NIS America Toradora site. More cast members Very Happy

Darrel Guilbeau's name is missing from that list.

This pleases me. Very Happy
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:41 am Reply with quote
The preview gave me high expectations for the dub. Smile I've already pre-ordered ten copies. Very Happy
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:30 am Reply with quote
for one time only NIS thank you very much finally give us anime dub of toradora & YES YES YES i will like to watch it.

indeed do well expection would be on rise for future batches of anime dub so indeed NIS make this count for future of anime dubs.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:06 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
I think the dub's alright, y'all can sue me if you don't agree.

You're going to be tied up in litigation for years, judging from the reactions here. Razz

Anyway, it's just a bloody trailer. One that wasn't mixed properly, on top of that. What little I could hear over the music sounds decent enough, but I'll reserve judgment until I can somehow obtain the Blu-rays.
Jamie38459

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Finally, its about time this show got a dub Smile
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
switchgear1131 wrote:
I find it rather comical when I read dubcast posts like the ones found here. Of course we're going to be able to pick out the flaws in the voices of the dub cast it is our native language.

I wonder how many people here and that dismiss dubs in other threads actually speak fluent Japanese and lived there to pick up on the small things. The reason the subs always sound good is not because of some mystical feeling they put in the voices is because to the majority of us who are not native Japanese speakers can't pick out the flaws in the voice acting. It is not our native language so we don't hear all the mistakes.

This^

Vic Mignogna even said as much when answering a fan's question on whether he himself prefers Subs or Dubs. He said Japan has bad actors, just like every other country's actor pools.
Kohii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
The dub looks solid. The cast sounds pretty solid ('cept for Ami, though I didn't hear much of her). Glad that NISA is giving a dub to their most popular release to date.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote
BringBackUzume wrote:
Vic Mignogna even said as much when answering a fan's question on whether he himself prefers Subs or Dubs. He said Japan has bad actors, just like every other country's actor pools.

I'd rather have someone share some elaborate and informative examples, rather than making blatant generalizations.

I'm definitely not saying that I haven't seen less than desirable performances from Japanese voice actors, or that I have some seiyuu's that I don't like. But what I can assure you of is that making such statements does not help anyone.

[EDIT: Removed some of the condescending rolly-eyed jabs. -TK]
Meygaera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Toradora is definitely a great anime to introduce newcomers to. But usually when I try to suggest it to them the Japanese kind of puts them off. Now it will be easier to convince people to watch it if it is in English.
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:38 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
BringBackUzume wrote:

I'd rather have someone share some elaborate and informative examples, rather than making blatant generalizations.

I'm definitely not saying that I haven't seen less than desirable performances from Japanese voice actors, or that I have some seiyuu's that I don't like. But what I can assure you of is that making such statements does not help anyone.

[EDIT: Removed some of the condescending rolly-eyed jabs. -TK]

Well I'm not really in a position to decide which actors are good and which are bad. I'm not an actor so who am I to judge? I could list some examples of what I believe to be bad acting, but others might disagree so there's no point. What I believe to be true is this: Every actor has their flaws, regardless of ethnicity or place of origin and every place has it's share of bad actors and actresses. Japan is no exception.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
BringBackUzume wrote:

Well I'm not really in a position to decide which actors are good and which are bad. I'm not an actor so who am I to judge? I could list some examples of what I believe to be bad acting, but others might disagree so there's no point. What I believe to be true is this: Every actor has their flaws, regardless of ethnicity or place of origin and every place has it's share of bad actors and actresses. Japan is no exception.

Well, it's not merely about good or bad. Sometimes, it's whether people agree with the director picking the appropriate actors for the roles. We discuss that all the time with dubs, but we don't know enough Japanese to ask the same questions about the J-director with seiyuu roles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5