• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shin Hokuto no Ken.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raoh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Hey, thanks for adding it the Encyclopedia! Smile

But, alas this isnt just a thank you.

I have been trying to add as much information on it as I have gathered and I have come across a few problems, probably from something I have done wrong, but, I still want to ask about them, so that in the future I can add information better.

Vintage:
I was trying to add the vintage, and from what I understood of reading it, I was supposed to add the date by year, month, then day.

As it is a OAV I was going to add the release date of the first one, so, after reading how to do it, I figured that adding it as "2003/7/24 (OAV Episode One)" would be correct, yet I kept getting an error that said incorrect format, I am wondering what I did wrong so that I can correct it.

Running Time:
The same as with Vntage, I read it and went to add it as "58 Min.", but it gave me another error, I would like to know how I do this correctly, aswell.

Japanese Cast:
The singer Gackt does the opening and ending themes for this, but healso plays a character named Seiji, I was wondering how I would add Gackt to the Japanese cast listings.

Well, that about sums this up, any help from anyone would be greatful, I am still getting used to the format of the Encyclopedia, as I am still new, but, I would like any help and awnsers in regards to this questions that anyone can give.

Thanks in advance.
Ryo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Vintage:
The encyclopedia says: "yyyy-mm-dd"
I'm not sure if you can use slashes, but I know it works with dashes. But the problem is probably the one-digit month you entered. Try: "2003-07-24"

Running time:
Enter only "58"

Cast:
Quote:
While a person who does a theme song is credited through this information, it would be good to also add that person in the staff list if he/she also does other voice acting work. For example, Megumi Hayashibara often sings the opening theme for the anime in which she stars. So for Lost Universe, in addition to
OP: "Infinity" by Megumi Hayashibara (in theme music)
it would be good to also add her as staff like this:
Theme Song Performance: Hayashibara, Megumi (OP) (in the cast)
And if there is more than one theme, indicate the number of the theme in the staff's precision so that people can easily find the title of the song in the list of theme musics.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Raoh wrote:
Japanese Cast:
The singer Gackt does the opening and ending themes for this, but healso plays a character named Seiji, I was wondering how I would add Gackt to the Japanese cast listings.

Just click the "+" button next to "Japanese cast" or choose "Cast member" in the dropdown list. Then follow the instructions. It should be pretty self-explanatory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Raoh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Raoh wrote:
Japanese Cast:

Just click the "+" button next to "Japanese cast" or choose "Cast member" in the dropdown list. Then follow the instructions. It should be pretty self-explanatory.

Ok, thanks Ryo and Dan42.

That should do it all, I guess.

I assumed on the Japanese cast that you needed a first and last name, so, for Gackt I had no idea what to do.

EDIT:
Once again, thanks Ryo, you where correct on both occasions.

Also, I have added as much information on Shin Hokuto no Ken as I have gathered.

I know there aint that many fans of Hokuto no Ken, anyways, but, at least now they know the OAV exists.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1