• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Streams Monster Rancher's 1st 12 Subtitled Minutes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AgitoZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Let's hope New Video is taking some notes.
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I remember there was a segment at the end of each dubbed episode called "Unlock Your Disk". Recently, I discovered the show on Hulu Plus, but never got around to rewatching it.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Finally. I was starting to worry that the subbed version would never get released. Very Happy
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote
WAHAHAHA YES, score 1 for uncut butchered anime in America. Now this I'm interested in getting...as usual...that damn Discotek...
rizuchan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
I'm so torn. I have a lot of nostalgia for Monster Rancher, and in that sense want to buy the dubbed version... on the other hand, it would be better to watch it unedited... but what if it turns out I just have nostalgia for the dubbed version and don't really enjoy the show now at all?

Discotek, when you're done releasing all the seasons, make a nice box set with both the dub and sub versions so I don't have to choose between them. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:27 am Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
So I'm guessing that this subtitled set will be officially called "Monster Farm"; I was under the impression that that name was trademarked over here, therefore "Rancher".
There was at one point an unrelated American cartoon series called "Monster Farm", about a guy who lived on a farm with monsters, which aired on Fox Family back in 1999. I'm not sure if the trademark would still stand today, but who knows. It was an original Saban production and considering that Disney bought Fox Family, they may have it in their possession. However, like a lot of the lesser known Saban acquistions it would be such a low priority for them I doubt they'd care.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2