• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Please Split YUKI (singer) and Yuki (voice actress)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Singer's entry is here:
person#29116

Voice actress' agency page is here:

http://www.kenyu-office.com/profile/jyun/yuuki.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:05 am Reply with quote
Actually, I think it needs to be like so:

Yuki (Singer) stays the same, keeps the OP/ED credits.
Yuuki (Actress) keeps all the acting credits except G-Taste 2, kanji is 優希, picture from the site Lynzee linked, etc. She spells it Yuuki on her page, but I guess we can go Yūki.

According to the given source the hentai credit is to 本見 りん. Rin Honmi already exists and is credited as Yuki Shihōdō, which probably means all the G-Taste 2 credits are all fubar. The role Yuki Shihōdō should be credited to a Yuuki, but this one spells her name 優記. I suppose this warrants a Yuuki (pr0n star), but that feels wasteful for a one time use alias...

Note that the Yuuki disambiguation is necessary because we already have a Yuuki. She's a mangaka.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
The tools I have access to only allow me to split a given entry and add a disambiguation to the two new entries; I can't change the name itself or directly move or rename anything so while I can split YUKI the new entries would all be YUKI (something) - I can't even change the capitalisation.
In order to split Yuuki, the credits would have to be manually moved there from YUKI first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Does that mean that if I add all the voice roles to the existing Yuuki, you will only be able to split into 2, and the lone hentai alias name will stay bundled with the other Yuuki seiyuu?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I've confirmed that a previously split entry can be split again, so you can keep dividing off again and again if necessary.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I've confirmed that a previously split entry can be split again, so you can keep dividing off again and again if necessary.

Does that mean it can be fixed then?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
If we're splitting the case credits under Yuuki rather than Yuki, then the credits need to be moved to Yuuki first. I can't move them directly myself, but we can delete (hide) and re-add them manually, if there are decent sources for all of them.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I went ahead and did the grunt work on this.

YUKI (Japanese Singer) - Hide all voice roles except the Naruto movie. According to Japanese Wiki, it was actually the singer, which I suppose makes sense. She did the ED and the time frame doesn't quite match the newish VA.

Yuuki Split existing kanji and both staff roles to a mangaka entry. I didn't realize it before, but both staff roles are for hentai, so this is probably just somebody's alias. THEN, split the lone G-Taste role out and either add the kanji name 優希 to the old entry and 優記 to the new entry, or throw your shoe at me and I'll do it.

Speaking of G-Taste... Not to piggyback, but... That's exactly what I'm doing. Like I mentioned, the names were messed up. I put in the correct ones. Please hide all the primary cast with the exception of Akino AOZORA as Mai Kannazuki. Then either make all the secondary cast primary, or throw your other shoe (you only have the one left anyway).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
For reference, only roles can be split not any other entries, so it would have been better to add everything other than the credits after the split (I would have kept the Mangaka as the "original" entry otherwise, since it was her's to begin with)

Yuuki (seiyuu)
Yuuki (manga artist)

I'm going to need to double check everything while trying to wrap my head around the rest.

--edit--
DerekTheRed wrote:
I didn't realize it before, but both staff roles are for hentai, so this is probably just somebody's alias.

The artist has a site: http://pss.skr.jp/yuuki/

--edit--

Ugh. 優記 (the Hentai seiyuu) could be either Yuki or Yuuki.

--edit--

And with regards to G-Taste, the credits in the cast list and those on the character pages are mismatched.

The cast list says:
如月 里緒菜 本見 りん
四方堂 由姫 優記
森村 奈々 向日 葵
瀬能 明日香 波奈束 風景
神無月 舞 青空 あきの

The character pages say:
如月 里緒菜 優記
四方堂 由姫 本見 りん
森村 奈々 波奈束 風景
瀬能 明日香 向日 葵
神無月 舞 青空 あきの

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, shucks. I guess that's what happens when nobody uses their real name.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:03 pm Reply with quote
For what it's worth, end credits match the cast list.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Ah, then I can at least work on the G-Taste side of things. When I'm not on a work computer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1