• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Delays Ben-to Dub Release Until Further Notice

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Why would they release business sensitive information just to please you?

Because I suspect the whole "reverse import hurt the Japanese market" could be a big lie (I'm not going to rule it out). Not releasing any data or chart backing up reverse importing makes me (and probably other anime fans) more suspicious, and this makes me think there's a cover-up. The same for "piracy hurt anime and manga", I'm also a big skeptic of it after I saw some evidences that seem to disprove it and makes me question it, I'm not going to post the evidences on the forum, but check your PM. I'll show you the evidence there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
There doesn't need to be any statistical, or even anecdotal, evidence; a gut feeling is all they need, even if that feeling's only "we should follow everybody else on this one".

And ultimately, I suspect the statistics would be rather difficult to wrangle up - you could possibly sweet-talk customs into telling you how many BDs and DVDs were imported and at what price, but they wouldn't know what was involved. You could ask Amazon.co.jp, but even if they told you you'd still only have an indeterminate fraction of the total. You won't get far seeking mathematical precision when uncertainty's involved.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
There doesn't need to be any statistical, or even anecdotal, evidence; a gut feeling is all they need, even if that feeling's only "we should follow everybody else on this one".

And ultimately, I suspect the statistics would be rather difficult to wrangle up - you could possibly sweet-talk customs into telling you how many BDs and DVDs were imported and at what price, but they wouldn't know what was involved. You could ask Amazon.co.jp, but even if they told you you'd still only have an indeterminate fraction of the total. You won't get far seeking mathematical precision when uncertainty's involved.

That's why I'm a skeptic over both reverse import and piracy, I have a hard time believing the reverse import hurting the Japanese market without a statistic, charts and etc.... The same for the "piracy hurt anime/manga", I seen evidence where piracy doesn't hurt the market at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:48 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'd actually prefer the TV edit, since showing Brunette's face completely ruins the joke and also her character in the process.
I agree. The other tweaks are all minor and not worth getting worked up about(though I prefer the original in many of them), but that's just inexcusable. I won't touch Funi's release unless and until it's firmly established that's left out.

I just checked the BDs and her (Chipatsu) face is only revealed in the last episode. I took snapshots of ep01, ep02, and ep11 (top to bottom):

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4