• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, June 16-22

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

Love Live! s1 did better than AoT in later vols. And AoT sold over 30k.

SnK did over 50k on average, LL s1 was rather far away from that.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Amiantos wrote:
誤称 wrote:
Samo8412 wrote:
This is the first volume out of a total seven which will be released for Love Live. You'll be surprised how much less the next few sell when they're at normal pricing. They'll need more event tickets and such to boost sales and probably will.

Such negativity. And, as it was stated above, its only half-price cause its half as much content.

Seriously, are people still in denial over how much of a sensation Love Live is?

People aren't. I sat through S1 didn't like it but saw why some would. They used a standard lottery ticket to get those sales numbers. LoveLive isn't the sensation you think it is sorry to say that. Without a price reduction or more lottery ticket to get people to buy multiple copies I can see it selling around 23-30k for the rest of the series. Which is extremely good when around 9k is considered a success.

you are just a hater. The second bluray will sell 30k-40k. Bookmark this. Probably easy 30k first week, then 3-5k next week.
Love Live! s1 did better than AoT in later vols. And AoT sold over 30k.

I'm a hater cause I say it's not a sensation? I said around 23-30k per volume. You're just a delusional LL fan if I'm a hater.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:56 am Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:

I'm a hater cause I say it's not a sensation? I said around 23-30k per volume. You're just a delusional LL fan if I'm a hater.

Try going your research before denying its a research. LL isen't just the anime you know.

v2-7 won't break any records, but going by stalker and how much v1 was underestimated, I do see them reaching 40k or close to it
skchai1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
The production team are trying to ensure that sales for the remaining volumes don't drop off too precipitously by leaning on the mediamix aspects of the franchise and cramming in loads of extras. Vols. 2, 4, and 6 will include the full Endless Parade concert (which sold out Saitama Super Arena twice in February) split into three parts, as extras. The BD stand-alone version of the concert goes for 6737 yen on Amazon. Subsequent releases also include limited-time serial codes for the School Idol Festival smartphone game, special unlock codes for the Playstation Vita game, and original light novels, in addition to the character songs and all the other usual tokutens.
SynergyMan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
It can sell as much as it likes and be as popular as it is. It still doesn't make it a good anime. Not at all.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
SynergyMan wrote:
It can sell as much as it likes and be as popular as it is. It still doesn't make it a good anime. Not at all.

I feel pretty much the same way about Monogatari series.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
SynergyMan wrote:

I feel pretty much the same way about Monogatari series.

And it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Seriously, are people still in denial over how much of a sensation Love Live is?

If it's such a sensation then why don't I care about it?

Guess I'm feeling like a bit of a smartass right now.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Plenty of people don't care about whatever the hot new bee's knees is. I couldn't possibly care less about Monogatari or Gundam UC, yet they both sell in droves. Likewise, you not liking or just not giving two shits about Love Live! doesn't negate its popularity.
superunature

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Samo8412 wrote:
This is the first volume out of a total seven which will be released for Love Live. You'll be surprised how much less the next few sell when they're at normal pricing. They'll need more event tickets and such to boost sales and probably will.

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to seeing how Mekakucity Actors sells. That's being released in 12 volumes (One episode each) which should be interesting.

If its not underestimated, we are looking at some low numbers. Especially with v1 having an event ticket and v2-12 not having event tickets. I'm going with a 3-3.5k average at best.

if you expect it to drop to that low, you are going to be very disappointed (and very wrong)
This basically mirrors season 1.
vol.1 half the price as others.
did other volume drop like a rock when it is twice as much? nope.
first week sale
vol.1 - 18,429 (1episode, half the price as others and also includes "「μ's 3rd Anniversary LoveLive!」チケット最速先行販売申込券" rights to be first in line to buy event ticket)
vol.2 - 15,249
vol.3 - 15,982
vol.4 - 14,601
vol.5 - 16,504
vol.6 - 19,133
vol.7 - 31,470
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote
superunature wrote:

if you expect it to drop to that low, you are going to be very disappointed (and very wrong)

he's talking about Mekaku City Actors having low sales, not Love Live season 2
superunature

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
superunature wrote:

he's talking about Mekaku City Actors having low sales, not Love Live season 2

yes, I misinterpreted.
However, I do expect a drop, but sales will likely still be very high even at full price/2ep/vol.

looking at amazon jp's hour anime disc ranking.
vol. 1 love live is ranked #1, vol. 2 is ranked #2. (#13 disc overall with 28days to go before release)

by looking at used listing, you can see clearly there are sellers who bought multiple copies or had people trade in a ton of copies likely for the purpose of the event ticket (one of the seller had 49 copies of open package love live bd vol.1)
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:43 pm Reply with quote
superunature wrote:

This basically mirrors season 1.

Yes, going by its amazon ranking, it will drop like a rock.

It seems I need post this again.

Don't tell me i'm wrong when you yourself don't follow the stalker estimates.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin, everyone thinks you're talking about Love Live, not MCA, because your first post on it was formatted poorly. No one gives a shit about MCA.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:30 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Rederoin, everyone thinks you're talking about Love Live, not MCA, because your first post on it was formatted poorly. No one gives a shit about MCA.

I'm talking about LL in my last post.

My post about MCA wasen't poorly formatted either, it was in responsse to another post about MCA, and all the talk about 'v2-12' should have been a clue that it sure as hell was not about LL. But it seems I was mistaken that I assumed that most people know that LL only has 7 volumes and not 12.

Here is a tip, read the quoted post before you start whining about this crap.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4