• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise Unveils Cross Ange Original TV Anime With 1st Promo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:
Y'know, I think maybe Fukuda's influence on this is being a bit oversold? He's credited as "creative producer", yes, but it's not as though he's directing or scriptwriting the thing himself.

As far as this trailer is concerned, his influence is looks to be applied very well on the show, at the very least aesthetically, at most in the spirit of his latter work (no surprise with his credit; some CP's contributions are more impressed or present than others).

For the record, I'm not a vehement Fukuda hater and really enjoyed SEED. However, much of what he has done since has been terrible (not everything was his screenwriter/wife's fault…), including his decision-making with his retcons and the edits made for SEED's HD remaster version. I don't trust his quality of work right now, so seeing the amount of sway he appears have in Cross Ange's vision has me a little concerned about the eventual end product…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ss4chris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Main char looks like stella from Gundam Seed Destiny. Idk if anyone else sees it.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Stella was a nice design. Yeah, I definitely see it.

I hope they take the mecha flair from Gundam and other shows into it. CGI or no.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I recognize that music.......UMINEKO!!!!!!

(Yeah, I know. Ar Tonelico)
omiya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:

I personally think that Houko Kuwashima is the best singer in the cast. I've never seen her live perfomances, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYrBF9CmI-k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z_2uBNSPtI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlDNiycGC40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtleWQxqIiM

Thanks for the clips, I haven't heard of her before.

Out of those tracks, I liked "Roselinde (Houko Kuwashima) - Shizuki no sōsō uta" (3rd clip listed above) the best.

On checking Wikipedia I see that she's done voice narration on Sound Horizon's Moira. Only the Japanese wikipedia entry mentions her music affiliation (King Records), but her music releases seem to be restricted to 1995-2005.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
And those suits are not exploiting the female characters how exactly ?

Not saying they aren't. I was just pointing out how silly it is for Xshinobi to denounce moe while saying they want more Go Nagai.

At any rate, I think those exposed navel uniforms are hot, so I'm not complaining.

Also, I have no issues with Fukuda by himself, since his wife is to blame for a lot of things. Still, Dendoh was awesome and I hardly hate SEED. It should be fine since there are many other staff members to filter things through.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:37 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
I am surprised in 3 pages, Broken Blade was only referenced once and indirectly at that.

You're welcome. Laughing
Fipse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:58 am Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:
the stupid pilot suits that exist so they can sell figures to Japanese otaku.

Oh my god the studio wants to make money!
vaegrand

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:11 am Reply with quote
Cagalli sure looks mad these days.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:14 am Reply with quote
Maybe it's just a difference of taste, but I don't see what's so horrible/ugly about the CGI. It looks quite fine to me.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:43 am Reply with quote
Fipse wrote:

Oh come on. Costumes that would be laughable as swimsuits or pilot suits are hardly necessary to successful merchandising. They went for the easy pander.
Fipse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:54 am Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:
Fipse wrote:

Oh come on. Costumes that would be laughable as swimsuits or pilot suits are hardly necessary to successful merchandising. They went for the easy pander.

So what? Otakus keep much of the industry alive. Is it a crime to pander to those people to make money?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Looks interesting. But why do that robot remind me a little of Patlabor? And why does the soundtrack sound like something from the composers of Ar Tonelico? Sounds like something I want to see, and music to buy. Surprised
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Fipse wrote:
GWOtaku wrote:
Fipse wrote:

So what? Otakus keep much of the industry alive. Is it a crime to pander to those people to make money?

Depending on how seriously the show takes itself (meaning from "dramatically serious" to "deathly serious"), it's not the end of the world. If this is on the farther side of the spectrum, I can see the suits being more of a negative and distraction. I blame this more on Female Armor Syndrome, something observed well beyond anime spoiler[(where the skimpiness is inversely proportionate to the level of protection they deliver, though I digress…)].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fipse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:

Depending on how seriously the show takes itself (meaning from "dramatically serious" to "deathly serious"), it's not the end of the world. If this is on the farther side of the spectrum, I can see the suits being more of a negative and distraction.

Judging from what we know so far, it is not going to be very serious. I expect Nanoha/Sympogear Level of drama and seriousness. Nobody is going to die, everything is going to end well for the characters.

Why? They want to sell the CDs and keep Season 2 possible. You can't sell more CDs if the character is dead Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5