• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toonami Discusses Space Dandy's Future, DBZ Kai in November

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jymmy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
KLK is vastly better than Titan.

Kill la Kill is my personal favourite of 2013, I'm on my fourth watch of it and I own it on Blu-ray and don't even really like SnK, but, nah, they are about equal in quality. As the manga goes on, I think SnK is falling behind what it came out of the gate with, but, comparing the two-cour anime that exist to one another, they're about the same.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Sad to hear Hellsing Ultimate needs to be censored. A real shame. I don't recall it having anything that particularly needs to be censored in my opinion.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:
Lynx Amali wrote:
infamoustakai wrote:
Definitely a shame to hear Titan is rerunning. It's a terrible show and I was hoping it was going to leave as soon as possible. We can only pray for things like Kill la Kill or Psycho Pass to get Toonami out of it's current mediocre state.

Did you not read the article? It's saying they LOST the license.

And funny that you say Titan is terrible and yet say KLK isn't. Laughing
They're about equal in quality.

And did you not read the article correctly? Attack on Titan is planned for a rerun.

Quote:
Bleach and the original Naruto "will most likely not get a re-run" on Toonami, but Space Dandy, Attack on Titan, IGPX, and FLCL are planned for reruns.

LOL, you guys. There are *two* shows with "Titan" in its title. Toonami lost the license to Sym-Bionic Titan, (which is too bad, as it was a pretty good show! Imho). They will be rerunning Attack on Titan which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone given its popularity and prime 11:30pm timeslot.

So you're both right and there's no need to argue or accuse others of not reading articles properly. Just to specify which show you're referring too.

Here's hoping for a Space Dandy movie!
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:39 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
Sad to hear Hellsing Ultimate needs to be censored. A real shame. I don't recall it having anything that particularly needs to be censored in my opinion.

the only censorship right now is the F-bombs, everything else they left alone. Mrs Victoria's spoiler[corpse being raped] will at the very least have her exposed nipple blurred, but that may be it for censoring stuff
TG72

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
No Bleach re-runs? I was hoping that would be around for at least another couple of years. I'd love if AS got to show Tiger and Bunny or Gargantia but VIZ just isn't too crazy about working with them now.

I expect a few Funimation titles to be announced for January (maybe Psycho Pass).
endallchaos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear that Beware The Batman will no longer be on Toonami. It's a horrible show. I'm also glad to see Hellsing will be playing earlier.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Stupid arguments like the one above are the reasons why it is always good to mention ENTIRE TITLES.

As for my opinion, I would have much rather had Bleach reruns than have the lackluster dub quality of DBZ Kai being aired as something new in its place. Maybe a whole hour of One Piece with Naruto Shippuden being pushed up? Catch-up isn't ever a bad thing.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
According to that Tumblr Q&A, CN has the broadcast rights to Space Dandy locked up more or less forever. It's not quite a Toonami original but it's about as close we'll probably ever get again. So I imagine it'll get rerun quite a bit.

Other shows with this status are Bebop, FLCL, Ghost in the Shell and Big O Season 2, which often get called up to fill random holes in the schedule.

I'm not sure if FMA Brotherhood qualifies but it's been airing on Adult Swim continuously for almost five years now (since before they brought back Toonami) so I'm guessing it also enjoys that status.
The_way67

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:
Glad to hear that Beware The Batman will no longer be on Toonami. It's a horrible show. I'm also glad to see Hellsing will be playing earlier.

Agree.

Dandy was bleeping amazinggggggg

I want a third series bad.

Hellsing Ova is just legendary stuff
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like its time to say good bye to Toonami
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Some of the commenters on ANN can be such cynical not-so-nice-people. It's pretty obvious why they would want to rerun AoT. Do I even need to say why? It's really popular. And this is completely unimportant, but Kill la Kill AND AoT were my favorite anime from 2013 for sure. But maybe that's just because I'm a lame pleb who just likes mainstream trash, right? Riggghhhht? Anyway, it's okay to like popular things, even when those things are anime, contrary to popular belief.

But I'm really excited for a possible Space Dandy movie! I love that show! And last night's finale was absolutely perfect. It sucks that it probably won't get another season, but any form of continuation is fine by me.
Saturn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:

I'd never seen it before last night but I was stunned at how bad the animation was.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see a space dandy movie but if the staff isn't involved then as far as I'm concerned Dandy is over.
Vent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
I'd like to see a space dandy movie but if the staff isn't involved then as far as I'm concerned Dandy is over.

...Why wouldn't they be?
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quote
[quote="firedragon54738"]Sounds like its time to say good bye to Toonami[/quote]

Why? I think the line up sounds great.

They alluded to another Viz show coming up, probably replacing AOT. Here's to hoping for Rise of the Yokai Clan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6