• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nisekoi Manga Gets 2nd TV Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:06 am Reply with quote
Oh there's certainly a main plot running through the series, but it'd be really nice if the percentage of chapters connecting back to it stopped sliding downward.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
But, all of a sudden, someone can't have a valid opinion on it if they've only seen the anime? They'd fall nicely into your "does not know the true story" category.

I think that was directed at dtm42, who has only seen 3 episodes of the anime. Yet here he is condemning the whole thing based on those 3 episodes.

Yes, it was about that.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Um, I wasn't talking about shows which the entire universe agrees are either masterpieces or shit. Rolling Eyes

Sad to see you are moving the goalposts. So much for "Quality is subjective". Yeah, I notice that it's only subjective as long as you want it to be.

Chiibi wrote:
And I feel that anyone who didn't finish the first season or does not know the true story cannot have a valid opinion of it; thank you.

My opinion and therefore my rating is for the three episodes I watched. I never said I was talking about the entire story as depicted in the manga, except when I commented that someone had told me that the story goes from a love triangle to a harem.

And what "true story"? Are we talking about something on the par of War and Peace?

Chiibi wrote:
If you're gonna debate, you need to know what you're talking about, otherwise you're just going to look stupid. Rolling Eyes

And yet I watched all of Sword Art Online - to use one example - and people still called me stupid because they didn't like what I said about the show. Heck, I was even criticised for finishing the show in the first place, called stupid for watching something I didn't care for, even though one of the biggest reasons I finished it was so that I could have a very informed opinion about it.

Funny how with your kind of people it's always anyone who disagrees with you that is the stupid one, no matter how much of the show they have watched.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Sad to see you are moving the goalposts. So much for "Quality is subjective".

I thought that would be obvious? Why do I have to spell out everything? Why would you use such extremes as an example?
"Spirited Away is good and Garzey's Wing is terrible." Yes, nobody in the entire world is going to disagree with THAT. It's like "DUH"? =_=

Quote:
My opinion and therefore my rating is for the three episodes I watched.

And you don't think it's ridiculous to dismiss a show when you didn't even see a fourth of it?

Quote:
And what "true story"? Are we talking about something on the par of War and Peace?

Read my spoiler?

Quote:
And yet I watched all of Sword Art Online - to use one example - and people still called me stupid because they didn't like what I said about the show. Heck, I was even criticised for finishing the show in the first place, called stupid for watching something I didn't care for, even though one of the biggest reasons I finished it was so that I could have a very informed opinion about it.

Very good. At least you had an informed opinion. Yes, there will ALWAYS be someone out there telling you that your opinion is stupid no matter what action you take. If you say you liked it, someone will diss you. If you say you hated it, someone will diss you. If you say it was "just okay", someone will diss you. Such is the many joys of being a forum member on the internet.

Quote:
Funny how with your kind of people it's always anyone who disagrees with you that is the stupid one, no matter how much of the show they have watched.

"My kind of people?" Would you care to elaborate on that, sir?

And yes, for someone to argue about the content of a series without finishing it with a fanbase who DID finish it is.......quite stupid.

You wanna disagree, fine.
You didn't like it, fine.
You're going to bash it though?
Watch the damn thing first, or your opinion holds absolutely no weight.

Let me give an example: I couldn't get into Akame Ga Kill. I watched about four episodes of it and the mood dissonance bothered me.
But I'm not going to go into the thread and tell everyone the show sucks. Maybe it's good in terms of "quality". I don't know. I just "couldn't get into it."
I'm not going to say it has "a boring plot" or "stupid characters" or "unfunny humor" because I don't know enough about any of them to say such things.

Do you get what I'm saying? I shouldn't have to point out to you that saying "this series sucks" is different from saying "I didn't care for what I saw of it".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5