• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Last -Naruto the Movie- Full Trailer Debuts

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gasero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Naruto has ignored Hinata for years. I do not want to see that relationship happen. It will be tough to convince me that Naruto matured that much in a couple years.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a typical Naruto filler movie to me. Except the irrelevant filler chick that Naruto saves at the end of the movie is Hinata this time.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:
I'm convinced that a lot of the imagery in this trailer is a fake out of some kind. The Naruto/Hinata stuff, Kakashi as Hokage... I don't buy it.

Could totally see that kind of fake out BS happening. Would totally suck.

NCHaskew wrote:
Swear to God, man. If Naruto and Hinata do not bang in this movie, I will be the first to start the rioting.

Pretty much this.
ChrisKris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Damm, if they srsly make Naru/Hina then i'm out!
Not hating on Hintata or something but they don't match.

And when he say. "I have something to tell you all this time" doesn't have anything to do in the Anime either. spoiler[We all know that Naruto love/like Sakura all this time.]

So if they gonna make it Naru/Hina. Then it's created for the Fans!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Please no NaruHina, please no NaruHina.

Sakura all the way. Hell, at least they have a relationship.
DeSpawn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
What the hell is shipping?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
In terms of NaruHina and NaruSaku, well, it is appropriate that "ship" is in "Shippuden".
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:24 pm Reply with quote
DeSpawn wrote:
What the hell is shipping?

Fandom subset that wants two characters to be romantically linked. In Naruto it's been between a tsundere and a piece of cardboard to hook up the main character with.
UberAnimeFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
Naruto has ignored Hinata for years. I do not want to see that relationship happen. It will be tough to convince me that Naruto matured that much in a couple years.

Have you not noticed that ever since the Pain arc Naruto has been slowly leaning towards Hinata. Hell actually even before that. Remember that scene with the waterfall? Where Naruto said that girl he couldn't see properly was beautiful. This has been intended for years. It's just that Naruto never really got to see or know Hinata until she started to show herself after the Pain arc and during the Ninja War thing.
Not to mention, Naruto barely even knew Hinata existed until the Pain arc. Which is why everything seemed to change with their relationship after that point. Before then her existence to Naruto was almost equivalent to Shino's (or whatever the bug guy's name is) lol. In other words, the one who actually needed to mature is Hinata who needed to learn that hiding behind a tree and watching from afar was not a good thing to do. And she did learn that. Thanks to Naruto.

Last edited by UberAnimeFan on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
UberAnimeFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
Please no NaruHina, please no NaruHina.

Sakura all the way. Hell, at least they have a relationship.

So you'd rather have Naruto end up with a girl who doesn't actually love him as has been stated OVER AND OVER AGAIN, rather than with a girl that has loved him since they were children? Sorry, I just don't see the sense in that.
UberAnimeFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
chriskris wrote:

And when he say. "I have something to tell you all this time" doesn't have anything to do in the Anime either. spoiler[We all know that Naruto love/like Sakura all this time.]

Actually, if you've been paying close attention, ever since the Pain arc Naruto has been paying more and more attention to Hinata. It's pretty heavily implied that the only reason Naruto never really fell for Hinata is because she was always hiding herself until she did teh thing in the Pain arc (specifics left out because I'm new to posting and do not know how to do spoilers lol).
Actually, even the author himself has explicitly said Hinata was a better main heroine than Sakura, because Hinata has a n actual backstory and history, meanwhile, Sakura just has her illogical obsession with Sasuke. Which has not changed. For 700 chapters. If you really think about it, the series has been hinting towards Hinata as the main girl since the very beginning if not since almost the very beginning.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
No, Sakura does love Naruto but she has feelings for Sasuke. In ch. 296, even Yamato tells Sakura that he can see how see feels about Naruto.
Gasero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
UberAnimeFan wrote:
chriskris wrote:

It's pretty heavily implied that the only reason Naruto never really fell for Hinata is because she was always hiding herself until she did teh thing in the Pain arc (specifics left out because I'm new to posting and do not know how to do spoilers lol).
Actually, even the author himself has explicitly said Hinata was a better main heroine than Sakura, because Hinata has a n actual backstory and history, meanwhile, Sakura just has her illogical obsession with Sasuke.

The problem I have with what you are saying is that, just like Sakura has an illogical obsession with Sasuke, Hinata has an illogical preference for Naruto. Hinata and Naruto have practically no chemistry and the author has not built anything concrete to connect them.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
UberAnimeFan wrote:
chriskris wrote:

It's pretty heavily implied that the only reason Naruto never really fell for Hinata is because she was always hiding herself until she did teh thing in the Pain arc (specifics left out because I'm new to posting and do not know how to do spoilers lol).
Actually, even the author himself has explicitly said Hinata was a better main heroine than Sakura, because Hinata has a n actual backstory and history, meanwhile, Sakura just has her illogical obsession with Sasuke.

The problem I have with what you are saying is that, just like Sakura has an illogical obsession with Sasuke, Hinata has an illogical preference for Naruto. Hinata and Naruto have practically no chemistry and the author has not built anything concrete to connect them.

This. The difference is Sakura has a character outside her crush. Hinata doesn't.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
And I'm guessing the fact that most of Sakura's personality outside of her crush is (or at least has been for a while now) pretty terrible makes no difference to you then?

Dear god, when did the Hinata hatred grow this freakin' large, it's unbelievable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4