• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Love Live's Rin Celebrates Her Role as Sega's Image Girl With Sonic the Hedgehog

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Not that I'm particularly bothered one way or the other, but the very first thing I noticed was that this version of Sonic the Hedgehog is the classic, non-Sonic Boom form, with his original beige arms.

Maybe this pro-beige arm, anti-blue arm Sonic the Hedgehog Facebook group will be satiated that Sega of Japan has their backs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CRUZINFORIT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Rin is obviously the best Love Live, so this makes me very happy <3
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Considering how much negative publicity Sonic has been through with his more recent gaming titles over the past decade or so, I think this nice little promotion with Rin couldn't have come at a better moment.

I think the folks of the Boycott Sonic Boom Facebook group will have a much simpler time making their protest a success. With so many YouTube videos showcasing the truckload of glitches that are effortlessly found on the WiiU version of Sonic Boom, I don't see it faring so well, even during a Christmas Sale.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quote
That Boycott Sonic Boom group seemed familiar, but when I saw the admins list, I knew that our favorite mistake of God Chris-chan was on there.

The Chandlers (Especially his late father) have my condolences. What they unleashed upon the world was horrifying, and for that I pity them.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't going to single out Chris-chan in this thread, I know there's a vocal anti-blue-arm crowd out there beyond him.

If I was going to complain about character designs in Sonic Boom, I'd be with the group that complains about gigantic 'roided Knuckles that looks more like Gossamer from Looney Tunes than his classic "red version of Sonic with dreadlocks" look.

Even if I get a 3DS, which I intend on doing, I'm not going to bother with Sonic Boom, but it would be because of the horrid reviews, not because of the character design shift (which happens over time with most licensed characters, although Sonic Boom is an extreme example).

Last edited by Tenchi on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Sonic's expression is priceless Embarassed
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Well besides the games, what does everyone think of the cartoon? My brother likes it a lot.
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Not that I'm particularly bothered one way or the other, but the very first thing I noticed was that this version of Sonic the Hedgehog is the classic, non-Sonic Boom form, with his original beige arms.

Maybe this [url=/groups/1507168612868719/]pro-beige arm, anti-blue arm Sonic the Hedgehog Facebook group[/url] will be satiated that Sega of Japan has their backs.

I was going to ask how or why on Earth people would care about his arm color over Knuckles's looking like a refrigerator or all the bugs and glitches in the game, but if Chris-chan is behind it that would explain that.

Still absurd, though. At least we get proper Sonic with Rin.
-Madoka-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote
CRUZINFORIT wrote:
Rin is obviously the best Love Live, so this makes me very happy <3

2nd best for me but yeah i agree all the same Anime smallmouth

Good promo to lift up the sonic move though, i never cared much for sonic (well besides the early games anyway) so i don't care one way or the other but i am aware of his decline so this should likely do him a favour or two.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote
FireballDragon wrote:
Well besides the games, what does everyone think of the cartoon? My brother likes it a lot.

It's not bad. It's good for a chuckle here and there.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
FireballDragon wrote:

It's not bad. It's good for a chuckle here and there.

I don't really care for it, but that one episode with the translator robot was pretty funny.

"Shut that thing off before it tells Sonic that I loooo..."
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

Maybe this pro-beige arm, anti-blue arm Sonic the Hedgehog Facebook group will be satiated that Sega of Japan has their backs.
These anti-Sonic Boom people do know that this is only a spin-off series, right? They do know that it's not replacing the pre-exisiting game universe, right? Or is this the typical change-is-bad reactionary behavior the internet is known for?
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Hanayo & Rin are the greatest so I am always happy to see either of them being appreciated as they seem to be relatively unpopular.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I personally don't even care which game belongs to which universe or the continuity between them. I just want a game where I can make a blue blur run and jump that is simple fun without needing to care about a backstory or mythos.

From what I understand from the reviews, Sonic Boom, the game, is missing the "fun" element, or, at least, it's so broken that what fun there is to be had is only sporadic between the frustration.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
Sonic's expression is priceless Embarassed

Yes, Sonic looks quite pleased in that picture, as if to say "You see what I got? It's what you don't…". That thumbs-up ain't for promotional purposes! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2