• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Legendary Pokémon Hoopa Unveiled as Star of Next Franchise Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I was just wondering when Nintendo would decide to do something with Hoopa or Volcanion (still waiting on one). We've known about those two and Diancie practically since XY came out, maybe they're saving Volcanion for 2016? Hell, Serebii already has shiny pictures of Hoopa on their site and knows about spoiler[an item to change its forme, ORAS only, along with it comes a type change], its Pokedex entries, base stats, its learned moves, and ORAS move tutor moves (ditto for Volcanion) so they've both already been hacked to death to have that much info on them. Just leave it to the internet! They can't stand Pokemon stuff being kept secret!

Of course, I myself have been crazy enough to breed perfect Pokemon for a special poison team (I'm debating if I should transfer that team from XY to ORAS for battling, or just make a whole new identical set for ORAS in XY, as I have all the items needed, the gen 4 hacked perfect IV foreign Ditto from my friend, and hatching it easier with that nice long stretch of land there. Just need duplicate items for the team I suppose. Breeding should be a bit easier this time as I have all the egg moves needed and I'm breeding 5 IVs x 6IVs, so it should only take a few eggs to get what I need for each one. But I'd still need to IV train them in XY, since I have all those items in XY too. Either way, this is going to be a massive pain, lol)
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote
There's also a GIF somehwere that demonstrates Hoopa using its signature move spoiler[in its Unbound form] against a poor little Swablu.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Wow, so it was even earlier than that? How did they figure out the types Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion would have?

Names were known, but not the types at that time.

Wouldn't be surprised if Serebii had some "insider knowledge" and withholds some stuff. In this case, he dumped all the pokemon infor for his pokedex site without realizing those last pokemon weren't suppose to be known yet. He has denied they ever existed early on his site even though some people managed to have screen shots of those pokemon on his site before he took them down.

As for running out of ideas, just depends on how creative Gamefreak wants to be. There are thousands of plants and animals, let alone things like objects and folklore to keep inspiring new pokemon. Just a matter of time put into making thing and executing that inspiration.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Thank you supahacka's!
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote
The anime's been really great lately, so hopefully the new movie is good. They premiered the new opening this week and it's awesome. They're really hyping up the Satoshi/Citron brotherly rivalry

-Stuart Smith
SteveUzumaki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Nintendo finally officially revealed Hoopa! Even though I still play the Pokemon games like a mad man, I haven't seen the anime since Advanced Generation ended but kept up with the movies. The movie sounds promising so far with all the various legendary Pokemon making an appearance.

And I'm pretty sure as with every Pokemon movie, the theaters will most likely do a Hoopa Mystery Gift event for X/Y and ORAS which will be pretty cool.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if Serebii had some "insider knowledge" and withholds some stuff. In this case, he dumped all the pokemon infor for his pokedex site without realizing those last pokemon weren't suppose to be known yet. He has denied they ever existed early on his site even though some people managed to have screen shots of those pokemon on his site before he took them down.

He seems to do that a lot, along with claiming that HE was the one who found out new info before anybody else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2