• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dir en grey- Agitated Screams of Maggots+ 2007 American Tour

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quote
For those who didn't know, here'sthe tour dates. The pre-sale starts tomorrow afternoon (November 13th). This is their first headlining tour in the States. They haven't announced what bands will be opening for them but I'm very curious. Hopefully I'll be able to go...

The single Agitated Screams of Maggots is also being released this Wednesday in Japan. I actually just heard all of it. I didn't find it any more "violent" than some of their other tracks but it's still pretty good. The live tracks on the single are also some of their more "screamy" songs so at least it's consistent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kyo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I received the single Thursday and was quite impressed. Like most of their recent releases, seemed like fans were half happy/ half upset. It was a lot more harsh than, say, Clever Sleazoid or anything off of Withering to death so i'm expecting their upcoming album to be very aggressive.

As for the live tracks, I thought they were alright. I just wish they would put B-sides on their singles instead of live tracks.

And finally, as for the tour, they aren't showing up in Ohio. I was kinda bummed (but glad to have went to the Family Values Tour in Columbus). Hopefully they will release a live DVD of this tour though. I'm excited to see how their first headlining tour will turn out.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:49 am Reply with quote
I considered songs like "Clever Sleazoid" and "Saku" more violent/heavier. The only difference is Kyo is screaming the entire time in Maggots.

I still haven't bought tickets. Fair to Midland is supposed to open for them on all the dates.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1