• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dark Horse Adds Giganto Maxia, RG Veda, Danganronpa, I Am a Hero Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:37 am Reply with quote
Yes yes yes! I've been waiting for someone to get I am a hero for ages. I'm pre ordering that as soon as I spot it listed

Also that edition they are planning sounds lush, I really hope people get behind the series (historically they wont) as id like to see boys on the run on my bookshelf one day too.

Also giganto maxia getting a release is something i was expecting, i dug it when i came out despite the desire to crap all over it because it wasnt berserk and I've been starved of berserk chapters these past couple of years but i really enjoyed it and would welcome more after he finishes berserk which at the rate he's going will be never.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:33 am Reply with quote
Will pick up Danganronpa, hopefully that means they'll be getting some of the other manga and possibly light novels if it sells decently.

I'd love to buy all of CLAMPS works at some point too.
Saito?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to more Clamp Omnibuses. Would love to see MPD-Psycho and Eden completed even more!
MangaNews_USA

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
During the panel, it was also mentioned that Dark Horse has scheduled the release of Fate/Zero volume 1 for February 2016 (which was initially licensed and announced back in September 2014).
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Saito: Eden's a poor seller, but maybe you can convince DH to upload what's already available to Kindle and/or Comixology.

Now that I looked through their catalogue, you know which Shogakukan manga I really wanna see in English? Ichi the Killer. I know Viz won't touch it, but it's the perfect replacement for Dark Horse after Gantz.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Really looking forward to I Am a Hero and Giganto Maxia, too bad both titles won't be out 'till next year.

GATSU wrote:
Saito: Eden's a poor seller, but maybe you can convince DH to upload what's already available to Kindle and/or Comixology.

I really hope they finish Eden, but I know DH can't justify it profit-wise. Sucks that we'll probably never see all of Eden (officially) in English Sad
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:56 am Reply with quote
only reason I've not bought eden yet is the lack of availability, volumes 8 and 9 were always out of print and i was never going to start collecting a series i had no hope of completing.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, guess I have my first purchase of 2016 lined up then. :p
I have two of the original volumes of RG Veda released by Tokyopop, but hadn't picked up the rest of them yet. I'm sure these will look and read better, much like the Clover and Magic Knight Rayearth omnibuses I have, so I'll just wait until then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2