• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Himouto! Umaru-chan (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:39 am Reply with quote
The sibling relationship of this show always seems to hit the spot, as well as the many other relationships.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:34 am Reply with quote
It understands how siblings can get on each others nerves (I have 4 siblings myself so I know), but at the same time they still care about each other a lot. Umaru might hate Taihei's nagging, and Taihei might hate Umaru's selfishness, but if either disappeared the other would be extremely lonely. It comes across as even more genuine since they didn't cheaply throw in some incest subtext.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:08 am Reply with quote
Agreed. And I have 3 siblings, with myself being the eldest. Actually been trying to get my younger sister to quit drinking cola recently.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:17 am Reply with quote
I'm the 2nd eldest. My younger brother (who has special needs) used to drink way too much pop so my parents made a rule he could only have one per day. It's not enforced so strictly these days but his pop intake is still kept on the lower side.

I don't like carbonated drinks so I can't say I identify with Umaru's cola addiction.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:30 am Reply with quote
My mother is worse than my sister with soft drink, especially cola. I was never as bad, but I quit drinking soft drink and a lot of junk food a few months ago, and now I feel much healthier. And this show just so happens to started. It has felt a little ironic for this show just as I had decided to change my diet of seeing junk food on screen as a character talks about how great it is. Several months back and I would have been fairly close in Umaru's eating habits, I have just happened to have switched gears into the more shopping and balanced meals thing.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:35 am Reply with quote
I have a big sweet tooth so I can somewhat relate to Umaru. However I don't buy sweets all that often, but when I do I tend to eat it all at once. Fortunately perhaps, coeliac disease has kind of eliminated a lot unhealthy stuff from my life. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably look like Jabba the Hutt by now.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

LOL, I could really relate to the whole internet not working situation. Yeah, it's a real bummer when internet isn't working. When internet is down I still sometimes instinctively open the browser. Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
So Umaru confirmed to fight against imaginary viruses. Cool.

Also, I'm starting to like that afro head!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Andrew9322

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I watched it on Crunchy Roll.[/url]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:07 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Episode 10

LOL, I could really relate to the whole internet not working situation. Yeah, it's a real bummer when internet isn't working. When internet is down I still sometimes instinctively open the browser. Laughing

My internet was actually knocked out for a couple weeks, only got it back up really this past week, I can sympathise way too much with the situation. Well I still had my phone but I could really not use it that much, had to use it for study and refilling my credit was about $20 for what I did, took me a bit to catch up on things. Seeing the modem automatically made me think of the stress I have had recently.

So Kanau has been trying to flirt with Taihei for a while now?
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Mm, I'm just going to say right now that this week's episode was delicious! And lol, Kirie's reactions indoors were priceless as usual. Same with Ebina. She should try to be less nervous when around Umaru's bro.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
She should try to be less nervous when around Umaru's bro.

But the shyness is her charm!

This time I enjoyed the moments with Ebina the most, instead of Kirie. I wish we'd hear her speak more in her native dialect. I find it cute. It's a shame that the next episode is the last.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Umaru's internal fight of what snack to get was to cheer up her brother, that is kind of sweet. Hope for a fun last episode for all the characters, looks like they might find out the connection of Kirie and Bomber.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

I think that was a cute little finale for the show.

We get a road trip with shopping, food, and the beach with all the main characters. I'd say that's a way to wrap things up. Overall fun show, nothing too spectacular but just some good fashioned fun

Season 2 when.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Bomber is such a goofball, but he is so funny.

This show was a pleasant surprise. It was really funny. But it wasn't just the comedy that was so great about this show, it was the cast and the chemistry between characters that made this show so good. I'll pray that this show gets a 2nd season.

The manga is marketed as seinen? That's a bit surprising.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4