• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Ayako Kawasumi

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
while the dub VA for fuu did great, and Kate Higgins did very well as saber for the DEEN version (though i don't have no idea or know why aniplex usa and sentai didn't bring her back for UBW TV series & movie is beyond me)
probably because they didn't want a great character like Saber to share the same voice actress as useless Mc useless shit I mean Sakura from Naruto Anime hyper
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:12 am Reply with quote
My favorite roles that Kawasumi has done are:

*Both Wonder Momo and Sabine in Namco x Capcom (voicing a longstanding Namco icon like Wonder Momo is a pretty big deal)

*Grune and Schwarz in Tales of Legendia (it's still a mystery as to who their English actress was, even though I liked her voice too)

*Ulrika in Mana Khemia 2 (even though Laura Bailey put forth a great effort in English, it's really not her fault that Ulrika ended up turning into a country bumpkin; that was all on whoever was directing the voices during localization)

*Clalaclan in Shining Tears x Wind (since Shining Wind never got localized and this is the only voice we get, might as well enjoy it)

She'll also be voicing Aty (again) from Summon Night 3 in Project X Zone 2.

Last edited by belvadeer on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:08 am Reply with quote
Bridget Hoffman also is the counterpart for several of Kikuko Inoue's roles.
lazydude500

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised nobody asked about it since majority are either closet ecchi fans or are anti-fanservice but would've been interesting to ask her what the casting process was like for Queen's Blade.

Seems like TPTB intentionally cast every big name seiyuu at the time which resulted in one of the best All-Star seiyuu casts of the past decade.

Some think Ayako Kawasumi was intentionally cast as Leina because of Saber.
Zoelius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only person wish the interview was less about Saber? I know Saber is like her most break out character, but kind of wish the subject was about something else.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Zoelius wrote:
Am I the only person wish the interview was less about Saber? I know Saber is like her most break out character, but kind of wish the subject was about something else.

Me too. I really prefer her work in other types of characters, like Nodame. I was even surprised when I first found out both Nodame and Saber had the same VA, which is definitely props to her, but her Saber voice isn't really anything great to me
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2