• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online Anime Film Project Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:12 am Reply with quote
Definitely excited Anime smile SAO is one of my favorite animes so the more the better Anime smile I'm assuming this "Alicization" that people are mentioning here is the next part of the light novel that will in turn become season 3 of the series?
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
I can see that Kawahara is working hard this months. I mean: Accel world and now SAO. Fans can be happy.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:39 am Reply with quote
I really want this to completely original instead of Alicization. Alicization is horrifically bloated and droll, and the anime already missed the chance for the hilariously troll cliffhanger that would've led up to it.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:44 am Reply with quote
If this is in some way a SAO Progressive type of situation, that would be great. I always thought it'd be nice to do Progressive OVAs or movies, perhaps along side an alicization anime in order to keep fans of characters who are no longer a focus after Mother's Rosario engaged.

However, even if it is just Extra Eddition II that leads into Alicization I would be perfectly alright with that.
ZeArNkN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:36 am Reply with quote
How much novel material for SAO is left to adapt?
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:48 am Reply with quote
ZeArNkN wrote:
Pretty alot, i think its enough for more then 25 ep. Alicization is a pretty big story line. And its not even finished yet.

Im happy with this announcement!
chito895

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:09 am Reply with quote
One thing that I like a lot of SAo (maybe the only thing) is that its fights are most of the time entertaining. The first SAO presented one of my favorite anime battles ever, but then SAO II was a bit underwhelming when it came to it.

So I don't know how to feel about a SAO movie. Will it give the characterization its characters need? Will it have more of those amazing fighs? Will it be another recopilation? Who knows...

But it seems that Aniplex will get all the money it wants with this SAO movie and for the upcoming Kizumono
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:59 am Reply with quote
ZeArNkN wrote:

Everything that has been animated in SAO and SAO II is from volumes 1-8 of the novels. The 16th novel in the series was released in August and there are more to come. So basically enough for two more seasons of the same length as the ones we have, not counting what is to still to come or Sword Art Online Progressive, a separate ongoing series that fleshes out the Aincrad arc; which is up to 3 volumes on it's own.

Kawahara Stays busy.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:06 am Reply with quote
HOT DAMN THIS IS MY JAM
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to seeing what the plot for this will be, since it seems to be completely original story by Kawahara. I'd be down for a big story set during the SAO era (with hopefully more Kirito x Asuna Very Happy) in the vein of Progressive and might even give more of the SAO era cast time to shine, or a story that leads into the Alicization adaption Smile.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:42 am Reply with quote
bleachigo66 wrote:
ZeArNkN wrote:

Everything that has been animated in SAO and SAO II is from volumes 1-8 of the novels. The 16th novel in the series was released in August and there are more to come. So basically enough for two more seasons of the same length as the ones we have, not counting what is to still to come or Sword Art Online Progressive, a separate ongoing series that fleshes out the Aincrad arc; which is up to 3 volumes on it's own.

Kawahara Stays busy.

What I came out with by this post is that there are many more seasons of SAO in store for the future and even possible SAO world spin off adaptions, and I couldn't be happier Anime smile
midori kou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm really stoked about this. I'm hoping it leads to Alicization like how Extra Edition opened for SAO2.

SchwingBoner wrote:
Are they FINALLY going to adapt Chapter 16.5? Laughing

Or at least 16.6 and up, which are now canon after being released with the SAO2 Blu-Ray sets. =D
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:10 pm Reply with quote
You see...I'm okay with a movie being an original work, but not a new season.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Alicization LN is not done yet, just be patience and wait guys.
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:44 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
*stands in front of a new, beautiful, hand-carved table*

*drinks a big mouth-full of vodka, then spits it out on said table*

*pulls out a box of matches, lights one, and drops said match on vodka-soaked table*

*walks away slowly while "In the Air Tonight" plays in the background while previously mentioned vodka-soaked table bursts into flames and continues burning long into the night*

There. That pretty much covers my opinion of the following news article. Confused

Stop spamming this. You have used this exact same reaction at five different times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3