• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
MangaGamer Releases 2nd Chapter of Higurashi When They Cry Hou Visual Novel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Loved the first chapter, already downloaded this via Steam, can't wait to read it.
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote
already saw the anime years ago but experiencing the original novel is fun
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I care much for the new art. I prefer the PS2/PS3 style. In fact, there's actually a patch online which gives you the option of switching to that version with voice acting too. I highly recomend it, especially since it's as easy as just replacing a few files in your Steam directory.
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:52 am Reply with quote
MetalUpa1014 wrote:
Can't say I care much for the new art. I prefer the PS2/PS3 style. In fact, there's actually a patch online which gives you the option of switching to that version with voice acting too. I highly recomend it, especially since it's as easy as just replacing a few files in your Steam directory.

I think the game allows you switch between the 2 styles though?

Even though I know the story by heart it was still thrilling to go through the first game. Very Happy
Cetais

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:52 am Reply with quote
A bit late to the news, I've already bought it, and finished reading it.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:40 am Reply with quote
Sherris wrote:

I think the game allows you switch between the 2 styles though?

Hou's "new" sprites are different than the "new" sprites in the PS2/3 versions. comparison

Actually, I think I'm in love with Hou's new sprites. Still will be downloading the patch since Hou didn't update the backgrounds (which honestly bother me more than the original sprites) or have voice acting.

I'm torn about getting each chapter though. I would love to experience Higurashi again but on the one hand the chapters are being released far enough apart I'm afraid I'd forget the details... on the other the story is so long that maybe having so much time between chapters might make rereading the whole thing actually manageable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:54 am Reply with quote
agreed, I am also waiting until more chapters are released; the talk aobut ps graphics reminded me that there ciuld also exist a version wih routes (tho, I remember that being pretty nighmarish in ps2 as getting to some routes was pretty difficult/random)
einhorn303

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm somewhat irked at ANN for posting the Hou OP which has spoilers in it. Well, I'm sure not everyone has already played/seen/read Higurashi.

I alreadu have MangaGamer's original release of this, but this is a definite must get. I'm looking forward to replaying the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1