• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Macross Delta (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Since the "new" opening was using scenes from previous episodes, I'm hoping that it's not actually the new opening and instead just some recollection of the most important event from last season or something. Mirage is adorable. I still kinda wanna root for Mirage even though I do think that Freya and Hayate have better chemistry.

Raftina wrote:
It is obvious where Delta is going. Keith will wake up and, finding Roid firmly in control, will leave to infiltrate the Elysion. There, he will confront Hayate, and the 2 will fall in love. Delta is obviously going for Hayate x Keith. That's why he did not react at all from the interaction with Mirage this episode, and he only has friendly teasing with Freya.

Laughing x10
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:52 pm Reply with quote
The only problem that I see with Hayate x Freyja is Freyja's short lifespan. Unless they somehow extend the Windermerean lifespan, it's going to be a very short relationship!
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Well 16 years is still a relatively long time. Hayate seems more like a guy who lives in the moment so I doubt Freya's short lifespan would bother him.
VicViper_Mk2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:04 pm Reply with quote
This might sound far-fetched, but any chance you think Hayate's father is Alto from Frontier? For one they both have blue hair, although no one mistaken Hayate as a girl from a first glance. The reason I say that is during episode 14 when Mirage says that necklace he has is a fold quartz, and I immediately thought of the earrings Alto has. Granted the earring was a lot smaller but it could just be a size issue, and there is no reason it can't be used as a necklace. Is it possible?

edit: Ok that was stupid of me, Delta takes place 8 years after Frontier, even if Alto is the father, Hayate would only be 8, and he's clearly not 8. I thought the resemblance was there.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:15 pm Reply with quote
VicViper_Mk2 wrote:
This might sound far-fetched, but any chance you think Hayate's father is Alto from Frontier? For one they both have blue hair, although no one mistaken Hayate as a girl from a first glance. The reason I say that is during episode 14 when Mirage says that necklace he has is a fold quartz, and I immediately thought of the earrings Alto has. Granted the earring was a lot smaller but it could just be a size issue, and there is no reason it can't be used as a necklace. Is it possible?

One would think Alto would be a little more sophisticated in writing even if it was to a son that he wasn't close to due to picking up an intergalactic piloting career.

The fold quartz might be connected to the Vajra conflicts and if we assume we are following a timeline where the conclusion of the Macross Frontier movie version was the climax where a cavalry of Macross class vessels were called in it would make sense then for an otherwise "unknown" pilot to pick up a piece of Fold Quartz.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 15

I swear, Keith is like a one man wrecking crew now. He lost his eye but his connection with the wind is even stronger thanks to Heinz.

Meanwhile, I think Roid just declared war on the entire galaxy. By the looks of it, Mikumo seems to know Heinz from somewhere. Really hope we get a background story episode about her in the future.

New OP song is alright, personally I liked the previous one better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
The fold quartz might be connected to the Vajra conflicts and if we assume we are following a timeline where the conclusion of the Macross Frontier movie version was the climax where a cavalry of Macross class vessels were called in it would make sense then for an otherwise "unknown" pilot to pick up a piece of Fold Quartz.

While Fold Quartz is refined inside Vajra, I don't think that's the only place to get it. Besides, at the end of both the TV series and the movie humanity made peace with the Vajra so maybe they have some sort of arrangement to supply the stuff. Like the VF-29, the VF-31 has large pieces of Fold Quartz in it.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Ep 15
Here is my bet spoiler[Hayate's father was the pilot of the special ops unit that dropped the Dimensional Bomb on Windemere.]

As for the episode itself, it was mainly a "push the pieces around" type of setting. The issue is that Mind controlling most of the known Galaxy means that the show has something EVEN MORE over the top in store, and didn't we already do Mind Control on a mass scale already in Frontier?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:00 pm Reply with quote
No, that was an attempt to establish a hive mind (all minds linked together). Delta is just straight mind control (people's minds being directed by outside forces).
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Eh, the new opening is passable. Both openings are merely decent while both of Frontier's openings were great (particulary the 2nd one). At least the ending is pretty good. It was mostly kind of a slow episode. Seems like next week might be more interesting.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Eh, the new opening is passable. Both openings are merely decent while both of Frontier's openings were great (particulary the 2nd one). At least the ending is pretty good. It was mostly kind of a slow episode. Seems like next week might be more interesting.

The new Op is going to be cool whenever the do the in show performance, but hands down it is no Lion.
bacondreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Only one word describes last week's episode.........

GATTAI!!!

That is all.....
VicViper_Mk2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:26 pm Reply with quote
great, another filler episode, last one was about fixing a power cable, this one takes most of the time crowning the kid prince, using only a minute to show how overpowered Keith had become. Sure Hayate surprised him just like he did with Messer, but now Keith has his game face on, oh its on now.

A few questions popped in my mind.

When you say Roid declares war on the galaxy, I doubt all the folks back home would just stand by and do nothing. Can you imagine if they all came over to assist, I'm talking Fire Bomber, the surviving cast from Macross II and plus, the Frontier crew, even the Vajra. That would be one galactic battle of epic proportion. Now if only Hikaru and Minmay were here too.

Which brings me to the next question. I heard a while back that Lady M could possibly be Misa Hayase, wasn't Misa the commander of the Megaroad, which was supposedly disappeared without a trace with Hikaru and Minmay on it.? If it is her, then that means they're still alive and well.

For the last one, just before Heinz sings. he says this chant: Rudanjar Rom Mayan. Sounds like a nod to Macross Zero. Do you think Windermere people have any connection with the Mayans? or maybe Sara, since she was absorbed into the birdhuman and flew away.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:52 pm Reply with quote
VicViper_Mk2 wrote:
great, another filler episode

That's not what filler means.

VicViper_Mk2 wrote:
When you say Roid declares war on the galaxy, I doubt all the folks back home would just stand by and do nothing. Can you imagine if they all came over to assist, I'm talking Fire Bomber, the surviving cast from Macross II and plus, the Frontier crew, even the Vajra. That would be one galactic battle of epic proportion. Now if only Hikaru and Minmay were here too.

Fire Bomber disbanded when Basara became a space hobo, Macross II doesn't belong to this universe, and Isamu belongs to SMS which is busy defending the Frontier settlement.

Generally the NUN doesn't really care that much about the colony planets. If it's too far from Earth they can't be bothered.

VicViper_Mk2 wrote:
Which brings me to the next question. I heard a while back that Lady M could possibly be Misa Hayase, wasn't Misa the commander of the Megaroad, which was supposedly disappeared without a trace with Hikaru and Minmay on it.? If it is her, then that means they're still alive and well.

Lady M can be anyone, including an entirely new character. But it's definitely not Misa. The Megaroad disappeared and Kawamori has said time and time again that their story is over and won't be revisited.

VicViper_Mk2 wrote:
For the last one, just before Heinz sings. he says this chant: Rudanjar Rom Mayan. Sounds like a nod to Macross Zero. Do you think Windermere people have any connection with the Mayans? or maybe Sara, since she was absorbed into the birdhuman and flew away.

Probably some Protoculture phrase. The Bird Human was a Protoculture kill switch and similar artifacts were left on many different planets.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Even if Macross II was part of this universe, most of the characters aren't even born yet since Macross II takes place in 2092.

From what I remember, the Mayan Island royal family were direct descendants of a group of Protoculture remnants that visited Earth around 10,000 years ago. Plus, I think that the Mayan language may actually be the Protoculture's language as well. Since Windermere has Protoculture ruins on it, some of the Windermereans were probably able to decipher the Protoculture language.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 20