• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: KonoSuba – God's blessing on this wonderful world!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irfanf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote
Ep. 8
The best part for me was Megumin trying to use "we're allies" as a reason to stop Kazuma from peeing, and their fight, right before the dolls breaks in.
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:34 am Reply with quote
Verdia... I trusted you...
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:54 am Reply with quote
Ep 8 review wrote:
Let's just say that a detached head has its advantages for peeking up skirts, which is, of course, an utterly absurd thing to imagine an undead general being fixated on doing.

GeneStriker wrote:
Verdia... I trusted you...

Remember he was a noble knight before he turned to evil. That accounts for it doesn't it?

I find it remarkable still that nobody ever thinks to look up Aqua's skirt. No challenge I guess.
aifhak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
GarethXL wrote:
natchu96 wrote:
Something about Eris seems familiar, but I can't figure out what . . .

it's the studio cheaping it out by recycling the same VA as chris to voice eris.

seriously how much are they lining their pockets with the sub par grafics and recycled VA Rolling Eyes

If Shirobako and articles on compensation of various positions involved in anime production are any indication, not much. If anything they are getting as much bang for their buck as they can. They are also probably saving as much money as they can for their headliner, Shouwa Rakugo Shinju

aaaaactually ... I think the innitial two posts were jokes. But not quite sure.
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:18 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
I find it remarkable still that nobody ever thinks to look up Aqua's skirt. No challenge I guess.

They probably don't even have to try. They just see it daily.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:21 pm Reply with quote
aifhak wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:
GarethXL wrote:
natchu96 wrote:
Something about Eris seems familiar, but I can't figure out what . . .

it's the studio cheaping it out by recycling the same VA as chris to voice eris.

seriously how much are they lining their pockets with the sub par grafics and recycled VA Rolling Eyes

If Shirobako and articles on compensation of various positions involved in anime production are any indication, not much. If anything they are getting as much bang for their buck as they can. They are also probably saving as much money as they can for their headliner, Shouwa Rakugo Shinju

aaaaactually ... I think the innitial two posts were jokes. But not quite sure.

First definitely. The second doesn't appear to be
michizure

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 8, 15:00

How many Rozen Maiden dolls can you pick out?
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:51 am Reply with quote
And here I had Verdia pegged as a gentleman...

Was this not Wiz's introductory story in the novel series? I have a feeling Kazuma's account of how the group first met her was more fleshed out in the source material. (I haven't read the light novels or manga, so this is pure speculation, of course.)
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:54 am Reply with quote
^It was but the anime did a good enough job of summing it up and skipping it. After all its not like there is much to miss in this series aside from more jokes in most cases.
natchu96 wrote:
Chris, huh . . .

Actually now that I look closer Chris and Eris have the same hair style (length and color aside). This seems suspicious.

Come to think of it I wonder if its possible for Eris to hang around on the world normally too. After all it doesn't seem to negatively affect Aqua in any way though she is a special case.
Xavon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:43 am Reply with quote
Now I'm disappointed that they skipped over Wiz's initial appearance. It almost feels like the old One Piece dub; we're gonna skip over this one shot character... oops, they are important to the storyline later.

And they also have skipped over my favorite chapter in the manga, though I suppose the manga could have done it in a different order than the light novels, and that chapter could show up later. spoiler[That would be the chapter where a guy from a normal adventuring party hassles Kazuma about traveling with three beautiful girls with high rank classes. Kazuma offers to switch for a day and the jerk readily accepts. Kazuma gets to show off that he is pretty darn skilled and impresses the jerk's party. And by the end of the day, the jerk is begging Kazuma to switch back.]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:25 am Reply with quote
definitely going back to read the light novel after the anime ends, apparently there are a few minor, but fun scenes, that were skipped, although that's pretty common with light novel to anime translations. and granted, the whole point of the anime is to get people to check out the source material in the first place in which case it has succeeded.[/list]
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
And they also have skipped over my favorite chapter in the manga, though I suppose the manga could have done it in a different order than the light novels, and that chapter could show up later. spoiler[That would be the chapter where a guy from a normal adventuring party hassles Kazuma about traveling with three beautiful girls with high rank classes. Kazuma offers to switch for a day and the jerk readily accepts. Kazuma gets to show off that he is pretty darn skilled and impresses the jerk's party. And by the end of the day, the jerk is begging Kazuma to switch back.]

That seems like an ideal thing to do for an OVA episode if they don't cover it in the series. I do hope it gets animated, though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:35 am Reply with quote
ep 9,

wow, it's been a while since the fanservice in an anime actually felt properly sexy, they really went all out with the animation on this ep heh

I really loved how they played this out, I don't recall this type of scenario existing in other series, nice to have a fresh spin on a fanservice ep. It was also funny to see darkness actually embarrassed for once instead of going into her usual fantasies
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:04 am Reply with quote
#844391 wrote:
wow, it's been a while since the fanservice in an anime actually felt properly sexy, they really went all out with the animation on this ep heh

Really? I thought the characters were so poorly drawn it was not possible to enjoy it at that level. None of the forms -- either the females or pretty much the only male -- has any consistent shape to it. Almost like you had a 3D model and squashed it flat.

The only time the character art got remotely interesting was the big buff guy who was sitting next to Kazuma, then Kazuma himself when they changed his design when he was standing off his teammates to defend the succubus. Even then it looked like they copied something out of a "how to draw anime" workbook.

I don't follow such things but I wonder if someone here could post information on what happened to the art here. It seems like the art director is way over his/her head.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quote
Aw come on B? The episode had some of the funniest moments and Kazuma expressions

It makes me sad to know next week will be the last episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9