• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Austin Tindle, Ricco Fajardo, Natalie Hoover Star in Prince of Stride English Broadcast Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Already?! have any other broadcast dubs gone up? Assassination Classroom, Divine Gate are of most interest too.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Already?! have any other broadcast dubs gone up? Assassination Classroom, Divine Gate are of most interest too.
First episode of Snow White S2 aired yesterday/today (depending on your time zone).

Looks like a solid VA cast! So Todd will record his own parts along with Natalie Hoover, I guess?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:

Looks like a solid VA cast! So Todd will record his own parts along with Natalie Hoover, I guess?

Natalie is currently in Texas, so for now Todd's on his own
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Is this anime any good???
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, I've been intending to watch Running Free starring Running Haru.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:43 pm Reply with quote
DigitalScratch wrote:
Sweet, I've been intending to watch Running Free starring Running Haru.

Wait, what? (Looks at premise) It's parkour in park and relay at that? And seeing how that's not enough, it's an adaptation of an otome game?

And here I was staying away from it since it was a sports anime. How little did I know.

Good cast... kind of like hurling darts at Funimation names stuck on a dart board at this point... still I would have gone with Luck and Logic over this one; Not because it's better but it's less... otome.

Really, otome? Are there girl games where the guy has to form an extreme ping pong club stuffed somehow with girls? No, wait, that's possible. So, maybe... no...

Baseball?
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

Wait, what? (Looks at premise) It's parkour in park and relay at that? And seeing how that's not enough, it's an adaptation of an otome game?

And here I was staying away from it since it was a sports anime. How little did I know.

Good cast... kind of like hurling darts at Funimation names stuck on a dart board at this point... still I would have gone with Luck and Logic over this one; Not because it's better but it's less... otome.

Really, otome? Are there girl games where the guy has to form an extreme ping pong club stuffed somehow with girls? No, wait, that's possible. So, maybe... no...

Baseball?

It's a little joke between me and my friends because we can't help but look at the black haired boy and see Haru from Free. Overall it's not the same at all other than having pretty boys doing sports, but we love making fun of that little tidbit. Hell we call Kageyama from Haikyuu Volleyball!Haru.

Oh Otome games. Anything can be made into an Otome game. Next up we'll have a dating Sim about dating planets in our solar system.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:13 pm Reply with quote
I honestly have no interest in the show itself, but it's good to see Natalie Hoover getting a lead role. I loved her in Danganronpa 2 and I really do hope she's able to book more lead roles in the future.

On another note, it's insane just how little the distance between LA and Texas matters these days. I'm fairly certain Todd Haberkorn still does more work for Funimation than anyone in LA.

Think of it this way. Lord Marksman and Vanadis just came out on Blu-ray, Love Live's dub was just recently announced, and Prince of Stride is being dubbed as we speak. And Caitlin Glass is heavily involved with all three of them.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:15 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Яeverse wrote:
First episode of Snow White S2 aired yesterday/today (depending on your time zone).

Funimation also announced the dub cast of Dagashi Kashi on their site. Todd Haberkorn is in that show as well as Kokonotsu (the lead male character).
Megane Sawako-chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:04 am Reply with quote
DigitalScratch wrote:
Oh Otome games. Anything can be made into an Otome game. Next up we'll have a dating Sim about dating planets in our solar system.

*cough* PsychicEmotion6 *cough*
... Though I believe the guys are Princes of the Planets instead of the actually planets, but still ... pretty close! Anime hyper
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:40 am Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
Is this anime any good???

It's awesome because it's MADHOUSE, no crappy romance or so and if you love parkour you'll definitely love this
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:43 am Reply with quote
I saw Solusod and Tatum's name I'm friggin in
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1