• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: King of Fighters XIV's 6th Trailer Introduces King of Dinosaurs, Maxima, Clark Still, Terry Bo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I like how it says it is a new announcement that Terry Bogard is in this game. Like anyone was seriously doubting the mascot character of the franchise was not going to be in the game. That would be like Ryu not being in a Street Fighter game it kind of loses what makes that game.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
I like how it says it is a new announcement that Terry Bogard is in this game. Like anyone was seriously doubting the mascot character of the franchise was not going to be in the game. That would be like Ryu not being in a Street Fighter game it kind of loses what makes that game.

Terry's not really the KoF mascot, though. That would be Kyo.
Souther

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quote
King of Dinosaurs reminds me of Tizoc, even sounds like him lol.

Last edited by Souther on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Souther wrote:
King of the Dinosaurs reminds me of Tizoc, even sounds like him lol.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is Tizoc with a different mask.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:50 pm Reply with quote
There are two personas in Wrestling that need to be mentioned.

According to the Playstation Blog, KOD is a heel. (Bad guy), while the face is Good guy like Tizoc.

I noted that K' will be not possibly voiced by Matsuuda Yuuki, as his kiais sound different.

Terry is a HUGE Throwback to the first Fatal Fury.
MikelAL93

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:14 pm Reply with quote
King of Dinosaurs is definitely Tizoc, with a different Mask. His voice gives it away too.

Terry kind of sounds like a gruff Terumi, so probably Yuuichi Nakamura?

Also, good to see that Katsuyuki Konishi's back as Maxima.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:30 pm Reply with quote
He even has Justice Hurricane lololol
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, King of Dinosaurs is definitely a heel Tizoc. I wonder if he'll take it as far as Big Bear, who denies being the same person as the villainous Raiden (even though they are the same exact person). Also, KoD is the first aberration from the supposed leak from last year. Yes, Tizoc was listed on the that roster, but specifically as Tizoc, with there being no indicator of there being anything quite like KoD among the unnamed (though described) new characters.

Also, I'm honestly impressed with Terry's new look. It's similar enough to his iconic "pizza boy" outfit, yet different enough in style to not be exactly that. Still, after two games where he went full Garou, it's odd to see him revert back. I wonder if SNK Playmore will ever bother to explain (in-universe) why Terry changed back.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
King of Dinosaurs is new to the franchise

Yeah, I think I would have remembered that chest.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:

Also, I'm honestly impressed with Terry's new look. It's similar enough to his iconic "pizza boy" outfit, yet different enough in style to not be exactly that. Still, after two games where he went full Garou, it's odd to see him revert back. I wonder if SNK Playmore will ever bother to explain (in-universe) why Terry changed back.

he went all the way back to fatal fury one.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
My motto. No Mai, no buy.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I really hope Mai Shiranui will be in this latest title of KoF. Smile

On another note, I can't understand why the people over at YouTube are expressing negative thoughts towards the game's graphics when its development is still in progress. Confused
Joe_Sinister1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:42 am Reply with quote
I miss 2D hand drawn KOF. This looks so drab in comparison. Hell GG Xrd is 3D but it's cell shading is so good you almost think it's hand drawn sometime. Ah well at least the gameplay looks good enough.
OtakunX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I like the new graphics. Makes it feel more modern imo. Sure as hell looks better then Street Fighter V.
Grenzer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Yeah, King of Dinosaurs is definitely a heel Tizoc. I wonder if he'll take it as far as Big Bear, who denies being the same person as the villainous Raiden (even though they are the same exact person). Also, KoD is the first aberration from the supposed leak from last year. Yes, Tizoc was listed on the that roster, but specifically as Tizoc, with there being no indicator of there being anything quite like KoD among the unnamed (though described) new characters.

To further boost the theory that the King of Dinosaurs is Tizoc in a different mask, there was a post on Shoryuken back in August (when only Kyo and Iori were confirmed) which elaborated on an earlier cast leak out of China that has turned out to match up with the roster reveal to this point.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/202160/x

http://shoryuken.com/2015/11/04/king-of-fighters-xivs-roster-may-have-leaked-months-ago/

From the first link:

Quote:
There are Japan team,Fatal Fury team,Art of Fighting team,K team,IKARI team,Psycho Soldier team,Iori team,nothing change of them.So let's talk about the new comers.Women Fighters team have one new member,Alice.And her costume same as the PACHISLOT "餓狼伝説PREMIUM".Mai,King,Alice,that's the new Women Fighters team.Kim team has his master and master's wife,all of them three using kick attack,may Taekwondo.By the way,master's wife very young.So where are Kim's two apprentices?There's another team,the BAD GUY,all the three are prisoners,Chang,Choi,and one new character,they wearing orange prisoners clothing.Mexico team,three wrestlers.If you know KOF enough,you may know who they are.Three Mexican wrestler,Ramon,Angel,and Tizoc with a dinosaur mask and tail.I hope he do not be so cute like Yoshi. Guess who the Hero team?Chinese team but I don't know the exact name.One youth,one child,and Tung Fu Rue.The youth have devil's power but is it likes Dante or Oishi?We will see it.No Elisabeth team this time.You won't see Duo Lon and Shen Woo.The official team,one Chinese girl with Sichuan Opera mask,one idol singer girl,and one hood man,may looks like Assassin of UBISOFT.South Town team,Geese,Billy,and a new character.South America team,one ninja,one cyborg boxer,and one girl.There also a team with other game or SLOT characters.Nakoruru,Love Heart,and Mui Mui.One boss from Russian,one final boss we don't know what is it.That's all 50 characters.See it on TGS next month.

Bolded the key part for emphasis.

So when do you think we will see Nakoruru show up?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1