• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Announces 2011-2014 Hunter x Hunter's English Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:59 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I just did, so yeah, I guess. What else have they put out recently over 26 episodes?

Sailor Moon, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan. And HxH certainly has a large enough fanbase to support it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:21 am Reply with quote
That's it? Sailor Moon hardly counts, since it's in an iconic class like InuYasha or Bleach or Naruto. They haven't released any of Crystal yet, as far as I can tell. I'll give you Nura, but it barely counts because it's essentially 2 series, which allowed them to hedge their bets. If Rise hadn't done well enough for them, they could've scrapped Demon Capital with little outcry.

I truly do hope they release the whole thing, because I want to buy it, but they've burned me too many times before for 2 measly series (each less than half the length of HxH) to restore my faith just yet. It's not like they finished it the last time they had a chance.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:36 am Reply with quote
Interested in hearing Vee as a boy! Anime hyper
louis6578

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
Kurapika sounded great, Gon and Killua seem well-casted. Keith Silverstein as Hisoka sounds almost too perfect. I'm imagining a slightly more eccentric, equally confident version of his portrayal of Johan Liebert. I'm used to hearing Matthew Mercer as Kiritsugu, but from the other roles I've heard him in, he's a great candidate for Leorio.
FreshIngredient

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:02 am Reply with quote
Crispen Freeman for Chrolo would be perfect
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:12 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
That's it? Sailor Moon hardly counts, since it's in an iconic class like InuYasha or Bleach or Naruto. They haven't released any of Crystal yet, as far as I can tell. I'll give you Nura, but it barely counts because it's essentially 2 series, which allowed them to hedge their bets. If Rise hadn't done well enough for them, they could've scrapped Demon Capital with little outcry.

So, like every other distributor right? Because they've all done that before. And you wanted examples and then said they don't count even though Hunter x Hunter will certainly do better than Nura.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:19 am Reply with quote
Nice start to the cast, looking forward to finally seeing this.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:14 am Reply with quote
Matthew and Keith seem fine, looking their history. Not to fond of the other 2, they done some pretty poor performances, most notably the dub for Kill La Kill.

I hope there are some veteran VAs for the other important roles. Don't want this ending up like the last dub of Hunter X Hunter.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:43 am Reply with quote
So have they not even started dubbing the English episodes yet?
Its been forever since they announced that they were going to release Hunter x Hunter on DVD so i thought they had been working on this during all that time.
I really want to own Hunter x Hunter on DVD so i hope it wont take much longer until they announce the release date for them.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:11 am Reply with quote
Sweet I can't wait for the home video release I just hope that viz releases all 148 episodes and don't stop half way through. Confused
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:21 am Reply with quote
I definitely predicted Mendez as Gon. I'm kind of disappointed that Steve Blum isn't voicing Hisoka. Well, let's see what Keith Silverstein can do. I honestly imagined him as Shiapouf.

Still, first we get an announcement that the manga is going out of hiatus, and now we have an announcement on the dub. 'Tis a good week to be a "Hunter x Hunter" fan.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:33 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Since this is Viz, they'll sit on it for a couple more years and then drop it after the first volume or two is out. I just don't see them finishing a 150 episode series that isn't Naruto or Bleach.

Are people still saying this?

Never forgive. Never forget. RIP Monster. Evil or Very Mad
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:08 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Since this is Viz, they'll sit on it for a couple more years and then drop it after the first volume or two is out. I just don't see them finishing a 150 episode series that isn't Naruto or Bleach.

The 90s anime of Sailor Moon totals more than 200 episodes, and they've already released about 90 episodes of that. Try again.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:49 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

So, like every other distributor right? Because they've all done that before. And you wanted examples and then said they don't count even though Hunter x Hunter will certainly do better than Nura.

FUNimation hardly has a better record. Toriko. Sgt. Frog. Shin-chan. D. Gray-man. Kodocha. xxxholic.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:32 am Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

The 90s anime of Sailor Moon totals more than 200 episodes, and they've already released about 90 episodes of that. Try again.
Sailor Moon is just as big in the west as Naruto and Bleach, so ti doesn't work as an example.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6