• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can You Name These 12 Anime from the 2000s?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freyanne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I only missed Getbackers (something told me to pick it, but I think I chose another option instead), Vandread (never saw it), Kamichu (ditto), and that maid one that wasn't Mahoromatic.

I thought the easiest ones was Robin, Hikaru no Go, and MaiHime, as far as me not taking longer than two seconds to guess (via picture alone). Beforehand, I had only seen maybe three of the series on this list/quiz.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Nailed it. And seen them. And proud of it.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen half of these shows yet but I only got 1 wrong which was Vandread. I flatout don't know anything about Vandread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I got some right but I don't think I've really seen any of these. I've heard about them but that's about it. I'm definitely a fan of the later 2000's
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:13 pm Reply with quote
11/12, I hadn't seen Argento Soma or Vandread, and guessed the incorrect one between the two. Razz
Knitty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:14 pm Reply with quote
That was fun! I only missed one. I chose Hand Maid May over Hanaukyo Maid Team. I've not even seen half of the shows on the entire survey, but you hang out in the anime community long enough and you absorb random knowledge through osmosis, I think. Laughing
scineram

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Quite literally have seen 5 of all the options. Further proof that when Mizushima Seiji and his ilk succeed in completely murdering Anime with their shitty CG I will still have decades of Anime to watch as new for the rest of my life.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
100%. Shows exactly when I really started watching anime lol. Haven't seen 2 of those, but they were on my list to watch for awhile.

So many really good older anime that most new (2010+) fans are missing out on because they refuse to watch older stuff for some reason.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I got them all again, and thought this one was much easier than the previous one. This time there was 11 shows I've watched at least in part and immediately recognized. I was able to make an educated guess on the last one.

Anyway, I enjoy these a lot. Perhaps next time you could do one with a lot of obscure stuff.
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Got all of them. Wow, there really was a lot of maid anime last decade, wasn't there?
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Yay, I got them all right! Guess I'm just getting old.
Freyanne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

So many really good older anime that most new (2010+) fans are missing out on because they refuse to watch older stuff for some reason.

Often because "It looks/sounds too old" or "the art style looks bad/ugly/different", from my experience.
It's part of why I kinda dread it when friends would ask me to reccomend them shows if they've gotten into anime with the last five or so years. Even more so if they ask "what's a good classic anime that isn't [insert mega popular classic show here]?" .
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Maybe because those older anime are not as good as you claim they are. If you ask me, excluding 97-99, we have been in the golden age for anime series since 2009 to the present.
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I was so happy to see Vandread and Louie the Rune Soldier on this list. Both are shows I recommend.

Quick Spoiler-free Summaries(as it seems a few people don't know these shows)

Vandread is a sci-fi series where men and women live on different planets and 3 men ended up as crew on an all-female space pirate ship.

Louie the Rune Soldier is about Louie, clearly a Warrior-class D&D type character who wants to be Wizard-class. It works out about as well as you'd expect.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Can I name them? Damn skippy. 100%. Not only can I name them I own every single one of them with the exception of Kamichu. Some of them are long standing favorites of mine. Still wish they'd finally finish the freaking Getbackers manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6