• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Anime Series Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:12 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

I'm hoping that 2202 is a sequel, so then whoever ends up licensing 2202 ends up grabbing 2199. Of course, the flipside to that is that something prohibits them from grabbing 2199, so no one goes in for 2202 due to it being a sequel...

It is definitely a sequel.

As to whether it gets licensed outside Japan, who knows. The US release was halted after four out of six planned volumes (five volumes with four episodes and then the last volume with six episodes), with no announcement other than the StarBlazers.com website going offline. No explanation has ever been offered as to why, nor has there been any mention about releases resuming.

I'm hoping for other fans' sake that Voyager bite the bullet and license the show to companies who are better placed to release it, but that seems unlikely going by past behaviour.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:56 am Reply with quote
Ah, how disappointing. Well, I'll wait in hope...even if the chances are next to nothing.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
ourstarblazers.com has more reliable info but nothing was posted as of yet about 2201.
The website's facebook has more update info about the new series.

I'm excited that it happening.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
ourstarblazers.com has more reliable info but nothing was posted as of yet about 2201.
The website's facebook has more update info about the new series.

I'm excited that it happening.

Tim Eldred is planning to have the interview from March's Ship's Log posted in yhe April 15 update
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I did find that cover art for 2202 bit...weird? The ship is like plugged into a machine as it's dismantled somewhat. Gaud, I hope they're not making something weird while concept after that great run with 2199.
Toxic_Cancer_DG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
CaptainAvatar wrote:
Now if we can just get a legal release (physical or streaming) in the US for both 2199 and this new series.

That sounds like a fantastic idea and one I probably should have waited for but someone was selling the set on ebay and then paypay was like yo I got you paypal credit son and I was like yup still have to pay it off but the set looks nice (haven't watched it yet backlog but I plan on watching it very soon) but definitely get both at least streaming for those who aren't as inclined to make large impulsive decisions based soley on I must have it mentality
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2