• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuki Kajiura Returns to Compose Music For Heaven's Feel Film Trilogy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:07 am Reply with quote
Loved her work on "the Garden of Sinners" movies.
chevkraken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Sploradorali wrote:
Not really seeing why people are hating on this decision, but I suppose it's a matter of taste. I found Kenji Kawai's UBW film soundtrack a little jarring, and while Hideyuki Fukasawa's UBW series score was incredibly suiting, it wouldn't match the tone of Heaven's Feel. Both composers were pretty good for the kind of story UBW was, but Heaven's Feel feels (that's annoying) a lot more like Zero than the other routes.

There's also nothing particularly wrong with calling Heaven's Feel the successor of Fate/Zero, because in many ways it is. Fate/Zero's many themes and character arcs are fleshed out most thoroughly in HF.

Also, Kajiura is probably the most prestigious and iconic anime composer of the past 2 decades, and she has excellent composition talent (which even spills into FictionJunction and Kalafina). Any score with Kajiura's name on it is guaranteed to be great, even if the anime itself isn't. As a fan of Fate/stay night and Fate/Zero, I'm pretty stoked to see her back and I find this to be the best possible scenario in terms of HF's music.

Are you serious, Kajirura is far from beinng the most iconic composer of the 2 last decade, especially because she began only 15 years ago.

Actually Kenji Kawai and Yoko Kanno are much more iconic of the last 2 decades.

Yoko Kanno=

Escaflowne
Cowboy Bebop
Wolf rain
Ghost in the shell stand alone complex
Aquarion
Macross F

Yoko Kanno was clearly the most iconic composer of late 90 and 2000

And Kenji Kawai

Ghost in the shell
Ring
Vampire princess Miyu
Avalon
Fate stay night
Higurashi
Gundam 00
film Death note and Gantz

Once again, during the late 90 and until mid 2000(Higurashi and Fate) Kenji kawai was just one of the most iconic composer

Kajiura is only the most iconic since the last decade and she suffer to always make too similar song.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
chevkraken wrote:
Kajiura is only the most iconic since the last decade and she suffer to always make too similar song.

Much of Kenji Kawai's music is also too similar, to the point where I swear he re-uses some of the same themes in multiple titles, but that doesn't necessarily make it any less good. Kajiura's music is still lovely regardless, albeit I think her soundtrack for Garden of Sinners is definitely the most distinctive.
omiya

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:13 pm Reply with quote
chevkraken wrote:

Are you serious, Kajirura is far from beinng the most iconic composer of the 2 last decade, especially because she began only 15 years ago.

Actually Kenji Kawai and Yoko Kanno are much more iconic of the last 2 decades.

All those composers have done great music, but there are lots more that have contributed well to anime music, and it is worth finding out who was the soundtrack composer for each anime one hears about, it is helpful in finding other anime and music.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3