• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game, Round 15

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:32 pm Reply with quote
It is.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Yay for only reading the manga!

Sub:

"Don't you dare quote Sturgeon's Law to me!"
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:11 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[That's Kanbayashi from Mrs Bernard says when Mrs Bernard tells her 90% fiction is crap so she can read whatever]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Correct.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Y'all need to stop stealing the quotes I want to use god damn it

Subs

Swords, swords, swords! Someone opens their mouth and it's usually to yap about swords! Would you all give it a rest? Swords are nothing more than tools. No different than a toothpick you use to clean your teeth. Whether it cuts something or protects someone just depends on who uses it!
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quote
That might be spoiler[Shang Bu Huan giving his opinion as he pulls a rabbit out of his pocket to defeat the demon in the last episode od Thunderbolt Fantasy.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:13 pm Reply with quote
It might, and it is. Knew it was a bit too soon but that was the only other quote I had on hand apart from the one Vaisaga used
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:36 am Reply with quote
Quotable series? Very.

The next quote is from the official sub.

Character Y, I have a very bad feeling. That is why I write this to you now. That time, Character Z said that the Russian Olympic swimming team was were my true home. I may never be able to see you again. There is another me. It is a feeling I have. I do not mind being killed by you. But if that moment came and there was no time for a final exchange of words, I could never bear that. Because there is something I want to tell you, no matter what. Character Y, I was alone, alone for a long time. I had nothing. It frightened me, and it hurt.

But I was not alone. When I learned that the Australian Olympic swimming team was originally a name for two, it was, of course, a shock, but in my heart, I felt joy. I had you. Character Y, you were there for me and I was happy. I was happy. Very much so. My dear Character Y,… Oh, I just cannot express it well in writing. Thank you, Character Y. Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:57 am Reply with quote
I don't have the anime at hand to double-check, but I am pretty sure this is spoiler[the letter that Kirika left for Mireille in their damaged apartment in a late episode of Noir. (Z is probably Altena, and the latter swim team is Noir, while I think the former is the Soldats.)]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:08 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I don't have the anime at hand to double-check, but I am pretty sure this is spoiler[the letter that Kirika left for Mireille in their damaged apartment in a late episode of Noir. (Z is probably Altena, and the latter swim team is Noir, while I think the former is the Soldats.)]

Good enough for me.

spoiler[Character Z is actually Chloe.]

Your turn, Key.

BTW, is your avatar from the actual series, Key the Metal Idol? I watched it for the first time recently and looked out for the expression. I either missed it, it's peripheral artwork, or it's a different character altogether.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
^
It is, and honestly, I don't remember whether it was a screenshot I took or something that I found in an image search. It's the same image that I have used ever since creating this account, and that was almost 13 year (and at least three computers!) ago now.

I'm not going to be in a position to be posting quotes for the next couple of days, so I'm going to have to pass this time.
Raftina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:08 pm Reply with quote
...I am stealing the turn.

dub
A: If you'll just calm down for a second, I'll explain.
B: This can't end well.
A: B and I were on the ground, and he had his arms around me. That's all. That's what X saw. It's no big deal.
Galap

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:15 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[ Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. Yume is explaining why she was found embracing Haruhiro. He was consoling her while she was crying, but she doesn't want to reveal that, nor does she want them to think she's romantically involved with Haruhiro.]
Raftina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:22 pm Reply with quote
That is correct.

Not the best way to achieve her second goal.
Galap

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:08 am Reply with quote
Sorry it took me so long to post a new quote. Fansub:

Character A: "Right! I need to go to the restroom too!"
Character B: "As I said, this is the restroom".
Character A: "Oh! Um, then I'll get us some juice!"
Character B: "Character C is already buying us drinks."
Character A: "Oh... T-then I'll go buy some salted kelp
Character B: "Salted... kelp?"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 46 of 101