• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Knight's & Magic Light Novel Series Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
Expecting A-1 or JC Staff to pick this up.

welll it doesnt matter what studio gets it. what is a lot of people expecting now and for good reason, is that another anime series that is based off of a LN is gonna bomb. HARD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:20 pm Reply with quote
So mecha battle action into another world... It was about time to see it all mixed up, there's only left the magic school and we're ready to go
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Because what else were people going to expect it to be? Very Happy
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Seems interesting. I like the "transferred/reincarnated into another world" thing.

Vaisaga wrote:
Having mecha in it automatically makes it 100 times worse than the competition.

Fixed it for you. Razz
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:

welll it doesnt matter what studio gets it. what is a lot of people expecting now and for good reason, is that another anime series that is based off of a LN is gonna bomb. HARD!

LoL, Haters gona hate. But still that lot is not the majority.
Must hurt them that the best rated anime of this session is a LN based series. Wink
AkaRed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Well Mecha I will give this one a try !
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm mostly interested because it is a new mecha series (I love mecha, Gundam was my first anime franchise) but not going to get my hopes up too high. Most LN adaptations are pretty predictable and boring story wise (with some notable exceptions) but I hope this will be an exception.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

It does matter what studio gets it, how many episodes it will be, how many LNs they're planning on covering, what the budget for the series is, etc. There are plenty of really well done and successful LN anime like Re: Zero. Even if the LN isn't super amazing, a solid effort can produce something still fun to watch. Or if the LN is actually really good and not some generic school setting stuff, a rushed and cheap production is still going to be sub par.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:

A-1 and J.C Staff have proven they can't handle mecha series whatsoever so that will probably be the case.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
I believe anime to be a medium that can excel in various forms of creative storytelling, not a tool used to cater to the masses strictly for profit. I know anime creators are more capable than this, but they keep wasting their potential on these soulless projects.

Well the anime companies might be one thing, but the authors themselves only doing it for mass appeal? Most certainly not. No one would dedicate so much of their lives to something if they didn't genuinely care about it. And if they didn't that shows in their work and readers will notice that, preventing it from being popular in the first place.

You also have to remember that a lot of these started as web novels: self published stories authors write in their free time simply for the love of it. And if they love writing about alternate world stories then no one has the right to tell them they shouldn't. They can "waste their potential" on whatever they please. They have no obligation to do anything else.

Besides, I find that something that tries too be completely new and creative or whatever falls flat more often than a familiar tale. Those creators are so hung up on the technical side of things that while the end product is well constructed it's almost assembly line perfection makes it feel heartless. An author who prioritizes having fun at the expense of a few errors creates a much more enjoyable work.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:

A-1 and J.C Staff have proven they can't handle mecha series whatsoever so that will probably be the case.

Eh. Gyrozetter was great so I dunno about that; it's entirely dependent more so on the staff then it is the studio. If they get staff working on it who are passionate about it, the end result was most likely be miles better than it could be if they just get people who really couldn't care about the material.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:10 pm Reply with quote
With all those sci-fi/alt. world-themed LNs getting adaptation recently, I had a bit of a déjà vu moment when I first saw the headline. Damn.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:
I believe anime to be a medium that can excel in various forms of creative storytelling, not a tool used to cater to the masses strictly for profit. I know anime creators are more capable than this, but they keep wasting their potential on these soulless projects.

Well the anime companies might be one thing, but the authors themselves only doing it for mass appeal? Most certainly not. No one would dedicate so much of their lives to something if they didn't genuinely care about it. And if they didn't that shows in their work and readers will notice that, preventing it from being popular in the first place.

You also have to remember that a lot of these started as web novels: self published stories authors write in their free time simply for the love of it. And if they love writing about alternate world stories then no one has the right to tell them they shouldn't. They can "waste their potential" on whatever they please. They have no obligation to do anything else.

Besides, I find that something that tries too be completely new and creative or whatever falls flat more often than a familiar tale. Those creators are so hung up on the technical side of things that while the end product is well constructed it's almost assembly line perfection makes it feel heartless. An author who prioritizes having fun at the expense of a few errors creates a much more enjoyable work.

You made a good point but let me ask you this, when have I ever mentioned the authors? I specifically talked about the anime creators and producers, not the novelists. You made a very good argument and I agree with many of your points. However, I am sorry to say that it's not quite relevant to my argument.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I guess that's true. When you were criticizing the "creators" my mind went to the original ones.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:

Like Vaisaga said the authors of this stories put their heart and soul in writing them so calling them soulless if a bit too much. And they are also part of the creation of this animes.
And they create them because is what they love and also is what many people want to watch.

Am been watching anime for many years so i remember the time when anime was allot more experimental and creative than now. Stories that blow your mind like Grave of the Fireflies or Akira. The 80's have many anime like that. If you have the possibility, watch them and i believe you will like them.
The problem was anime like that don't make enough profit so many studios close down during that time.

Making original anime and take a chance cost money, and for studios money come with been evolved in Production Committees of LN/Manga based projects. They have to gain enough money from this projects before making original anime. Don't forget that most of the investment comes from big LN/manga publishers so most of the profit are for the big LN/manga publishers and not for the studios.

So if there are enough money from this LN/manga projects some studios can present you with some original unforgettable great anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3