• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga Gets 2 Novels Penned by Makoto Matsubara, Ryohgo Narita

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:11 pm Reply with quote
How long did this franchise retirement last? Adaptation of both will probably start the return to manga and i have no idea who Renji is (only the Rukia bit made me connect the dots), yet i lasted to about Vol.50 for some reason. At least 20-30 too many. I even like the DRR guy but i will be staying away regardless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Kinda weird to focus on Renji and Rukia unless it's how they finally buried the hatchet and got married. Trying to convince Byakuya of that pairing was probably a mythic challenge. Shuuhei just makes me go "snuh?" as he was always a bit player at best.

As for a Bleach revival, the only way it would happen is if they edit large chunks of the final arc due to how much of it is inconsequential and thus can be streamlined.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Oh baby yess! Now we have the live action movie, these 2 novels, and Kubo back on twitter! I hope the RR novel will address the fate of some characters like Urahara and the Hisagi novel will mention what happened to Kira.

ANN wrote:
Viz Media is also publishing the manga in print and published the 69th volume on March 7

Wrong, Vol.69 is not out yet, it is planned for March 2017
ew121

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
A live-action movie, a brothel, and two novels but still no anime Laughing Jokes aside, I'm reading Hisagi's story only because the author of Baccano! is writing it.

To the Japanese a live action is a much bigger deal than an anime adaptation, despite what foreigners might think. In fact they always make anime just to promote future live actions.

Maybe they'll do a new anime to promote it
ew121

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm disappointed that ANN failed to report that BLEACH surpassed 90 million copies in print.

Also, apparently the Hisagi novel will shed some lights on the soul king and 4 noble houses,

Last edited by ew121 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
ew121

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Chocoreto wrote:
It would be nice if Narita stopped wasting his time on this failure and concentrate instead on mending the relationships of his own characters that he has still left hanging. But oh, I guess everyone wants to write some fanfiction for fun once in a while. It's just that he could do better than occupying himself with Mr. Empty Protagonist Device and (possibly) Miss Disgrace to the Female Gender.

Stop trying to make Bleach's resurrection happen. It's not going to happen. It has been dead for years and it still managed to end in the worst way possible. There are tons of better things out there by leaps and bounds. Stop poking at its dead body expecting to elicit a reaction.

Your hate is obvious and at the same time hilarious.

You do realize that Bleach doesn't NEED a resurrection right? It's still one of JUMP's best selling properties even after losing popularity during the last 4 years. I find it stupid that haters don't realize that when they try to jab at Bleach for being "unpopular" they're just outing themselves as retards
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:18 pm Reply with quote
#825565 wrote:
I'm disappointed that ANN failed to report that BLEACH surpassed 90 million copies in print.

Also, apparently the Hisagi novel will shed some lights on the soul king and 4 noble houses,
ANN tends to be late to the party with news from time to time anyway
COREY2293

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote
bleach needs more. shame it was cancelled
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:27 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
I disagree with that, if Hollywood couldn't get DragonBall correct I just can't see them fairing Bleach any better

Well, Dragonball Evolution's changes were to make the main characters high school age and to put in a romantic subplot, under the idea that was what kids of the day wanted. Bleach already has both of those.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:21 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
This sounds interesting. I just hope it gets translated into English and brought over here. Also,it's a shame that Hollywood isn't going to do it's version of "Bleach." I'd have liked to have seen it done.

You would need to get a lot Japanese or Japanese-American actors/actresses to do the roles. That is something that Hollywood might not find very marketable unless they got a big-named white actor/actress to play the role.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2