• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: BPO Publishes Viewer Complaint About Anime With 'Sexually Extreme' Content

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Seems America's Sexphoibia is spreading also can we all say virtue signalling cause at the end of the day that's all it is. Nothing but a bunch of idiots trying to make them selves look and feel good when they have nothing to really feel good about.
harminia

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
I still don't see the problem. lol I can only imagine the complaints if that person read the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga.

Like Stuart Smith said above, pretty sure the concept of a city being bombed is still a bit of a sensitive subject in Japan.
chaccide

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:47 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:
Yay it's time for the monthly weebs get angry at the BPO for publishing a viewer complaint about anime thread.

I know, right? Guys, the complaints are hilarious, and they don't really affect programming. Can anyone think of any instances in which a show was censored as a direct result of BPO complaints? I can't (doesn't mean there aren't any, but it's certainly not common.

How do you know? Who's going to say they alter their work because of complaints like this, because they're afraid of the notice? They're not going to publish that.

It's the chilling effect that's the biggest concern, people self-censoring what they might have written and given us but instead tempering their vision to churn out something that's acceptable because the last thing Japanese publishers want is to raise anyone's hackles. That's why groups like this are a menace to free speech everywhere.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:44 am Reply with quote
Alright, 1 or 2 of you need to stop the soap boxing. You can certainly not enjoy such shows but other people do and people can have differing opinions without automatically being "wrong" or immoral or whatever else. So let's tone down the net rage and drop the soapboxing please. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5