• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Made in Abyss, Nameless Asterism, Soul Liquid Chambers, Getter Robo Devolu

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wtv

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Yuri Fan wrote:

Apparently the ending spoiler[ is het. There's a timeskip, and the protagonist has an off-screen boyfriend. ] Which means I won't be bothered with it. The whole story is pretty bad, to be honest.

Now, I'll be honest. I didn't follow the manga. I read the first chapter and when I thought about reading more, I saw everyone saying the yaoi part took most of it, so I gave up.
Now, my problem with what I saw about the ending is spoiler[that both yaoi and yuri couples are IMPLIED to be in a relationship, but the het with a guy we don't even know who is and the protagonist is there, cleary stated with no way to interpret it another way. What is a pretty dishonest move for a story that was supposed to be about homossexual relationships and would just make pretty much everyone mad.]

The author also doesn't seem to be neither a yaoi or yuri fan by her social accounts, so I don't get what she wanted to do with this manga.
Calico

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote
So, I read the last chapter of Nameless Asterism to see what all the fuss is about, and spoiler[there is no dude that the protagonist hooks up with? It seemed to imply that her first love(her crush on one of her friends) didn't work out, and her two female friends would probably become a couple in the future.] So unless there's a super-secret bonus heterosexual chapter that I'm unaware of, the author didn't pull a "tee-hee gay feelings are fleeting" kind of ending.

Also I've got to laugh at the implication that the manga should be interpreted by the stuff the author retweets on their twitter account.
Wtv

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
So, I read the last chapter of Nameless Asterism to see what all the fuss is about, and spoiler[there is no dude that the protagonist hooks up with? It seemed to imply that her first love(her crush on one of her friends) didn't work out, and her two female friends would probably become a couple in the future.] So unless there's a super-secret bonus heterosexual chapter that I'm unaware of, the author didn't pull a "tee-hee gay feelings are fleeting" kind of ending.

Also I've got to laugh at the implication that the manga should be interpreted by the stuff the author retweets on their twitter account.

Just read the extra page on chapter 19. That was a extra page time skip that came just on the tank.
It's even worse that the author waited until people bought it to drop the line.
I'm not saying we should judge the author by that, but when they do a poor job on a genre they're not even a fan of, we start to think about it.
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:23 am Reply with quote
As a fan of Toradora!, I only have this to say... FINALLY!!!!! Okay... one more thing... THANK YOU SEVEN SEAS!!!!!

Also, I'll be buying the new Orange volume...

Between the yuri offerings they have and these things, Seven Seas is the top manga/light novel publisher in my book!

Covnam wrote:
How do the Toradora LNs compare to the anime? Are there significant differences?

Not major... There are slight differences at the end, some for the better, some not. No relationship changes if that's what you're asking. Just small details. I would personally rate the build up to the ending better in the anime, but the actual ending better in the light novel. But that's just me.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Covnam wrote:
How do the Toradora LNs compare to the anime? Are there significant differences?

The anime was amazingly faithful considering it had to squeeze ten volumes into twenty-five episodes (and two of those eps were anime-original, and a third was based upon a side story). There's some material cut, mainly dealing with side characters (the teacher is particular is much better developed in the novels) and Ami had her final character arc truncated. The biggest changes are with the ending -- because the last novel was still being written while the anime was in production, Mari Okada had to base the last few episodes upon an outline. The overall plot is the same, but there are differences in Ryuuji's motivations, the involvement of Taiga's mother, and the repercussions they face at the end.

zensunni wrote:
Covnam wrote:

Not major... There are slight differences at the end, some for the better, some not. No relationship changes if that's what you're asking. Just small details. I would personally rate the build up to the ending better in the anime, but the actual ending better in the light novel. But that's just me.

Thanks for the info =D
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3