• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Billionaire Elon Musk Dreams of Giant Mecha

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I see no reason to doubt Elon Musk's imagination and will. Will he succeed, who knows, but whatever he does, it will push the industry.

His luxury Telsa cars are a success. He has made a high quality and engineered electric car.

We shall see how his Model 3 goes, but even if the Model 3 doesn't engender future sales, it has forced the automotive industry to take electric cars seriously. The danger for them, is if he succeeds with the Model 3.

Space X seems to be doing okay, especially since Boeing seems to be digging a bigger grave for the SLS. (years behind schedule, millions or billions over budget)

The Boring Company is has completed one tunnel in Los Angles, and I believe has contracts for Chicago, and the Washington DC - Baltimore Corridor.

You can say what ever you want about Elon Musk the man, but as an innovator that gets stuff done he seems to be doing quite well.

Will have to see if he is serious about Mechs, but if he is, you just might see working prototypes of mechs walking around. If you can make Mechs walk, it is far simpler process to put weapon's platforms on them.
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:09 pm Reply with quote
So Elon Musk, a man who has expressed concern about AI becoming our overlord in the not so distant future, now wants to build giant robots? Maybe Elon Musk IS actually that AI, and this is really just a cover for building himself a new giant robot body with which he will subjugate humanity Shocked
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:55 pm Reply with quote
TJ_Kat wrote:
So Elon Musk, a man who has expressed concern about AI becoming our overlord in the not so distant future, now wants to build giant robots? Maybe Elon Musk IS actually that AI, and this is really just a cover for building himself a new giant robot body with which he will subjugate humanity Shocked

Reminds me of this episode of South Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH5P1eCfptQ
Cabron

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Lmao I call bs, chances are he googled it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2