• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Latest Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Chapter Has Creative Censoring (NSFW)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
In the interest of truthful and accurate reporting, Anime News Network's Tokyo correspondent purchased the magazine and verified the existence of the nipples. Click here to see the photos.

The photos can't be accessed without an account and in order to make one you have to register with your smartphone number. Can you maybe upload them somewhere else?
faboo95

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:00 am Reply with quote
ChrissyC wrote:
*Slurp*...this is some odd tasting boba. New flavor?

L-lewd!!! Embarassed
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I think we should be glad that they're not licensed by VIZ because they would censored it (they're more of anti-ecchi ones).
Viz hasn't censored anything in nearly a decade. If they don't think they can print it without censorship, they just don't license it.
James_xeno

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:07 am Reply with quote
Pure genius! lol Hats off to the manga studio and creators.. Hope more series start doing stuff like this.

DavetheUsher wrote:

Kids? Marvel and DC have pretty much been devoid of any kind of fanservice or sexual content for over a decade now. There's a huge backlash any time an artist draws a heroine too attractive. An actual nipple would probably cause an apocalypse

Very pitifully sad but true. Things are pretty bad over here and only getting worse. (though not as bad as other parts of the west at least.. yet.) I'd actually put western(US) comics refusal to grow up pretty high on any list of things keeping it from, rightfully, being taken seriously. Not just on this issue either. Can't forget all the relationship phobia, long term narrative non-commitment and fanfic level writing issues either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2