• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gibiate (TV)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:55 am Reply with quote
#12 End

I don't think there are any unanswered questions by the end of the episode. How the warriors are summoned, as well as why Yasunaga was happy for them to tag along despite their shady origins. Even the Gibia weakness to fire and electricity.

The Yakuza wanted to join his daughter, but he needed to ensure his death wasn't in vain. Good thing one of his lackeys was an expert in explosives, otherwise all four of them would have been killed in short order.

To be fair to Kathleen, the three who travelled through time would have died anyway had her wish not intervened. Sensui and Kenroku were in the middle of a storm on a boat close to capsizing, while Yukinojou was almost caught by the Oda army pursuit squad. They didn't tell her that though, which was unfortunate.

The series as a whole went for a specific art direction, which doesn't really work out since it's too suited to its original television medium. I don't think there was enough budget to animate the action scene better, but I thought they did a fair job with what they had at hand. Had a global pandemic not been active at the same time as its final stages of production and airtime, I'm not sure this series would have warranted much more attention given its material. Regardless, the story did its best to give life to most of its cast. One thing I will remember about this series is its OP music.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2